• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums
    An online community for the television enthusiasts!

Prithviraj eyes five-decade acting career

Bapun Raz

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thiruvananthapuram, May 17: Prithviraj forayed into showbiz nine years ago and the Malayalam actor says he wishes to complete five decades in the industry.

"For a person like me, who began this profession at the age of 17 will help me in achieving a five-decade acting career," said Prithviraj, who is known as action hero.

"I got the label of an action hero following two of my recent films - 'Urumi' and 'Anwar'. Incidentally, my latest film 'Manikakalu' which was released on May 5 has been getting an excellent response. The collection is going up everyday, according to the collection report that comes from the theatres," added the 27-year-old, who has acted in more than 65 films.

The heartthrob of Malayalam films surprised many when he tied the knot with Mumbai-based journalist Supriya Menon last month. More so because just before the marriage he had denied any such plans in an interview to a reputed language magazine.

When asked about that, he said: "The interviewer asked me about my marriage plans with a journalist Pratheksha Menon and I flatly denied it. By denying it, I don't think that I did any wrong because I was not going to marry a person with such a name."

His love life was a closely guarded secret because Supriya works as a journalist with BBC and he wanted to keep her away from the spotlight.

"We did not want her pictures to be splashed in film magazines because it would have affected her profession. And the reason for keeping my marriage function a private affair was because I wanted it that way," said Prithviraj.

Son of late actor Sukumaran and actress Mallika, Prithviraj made a successful debut with "Nandanam" in 2002 and went on to give blockbusters like "Swapnakoodu" (2003), "Classmates" (2006), "Thirakkatha" (2008) and "Urumi" (2011).

His notable Tamil films are "Kana Kandaen" (2005) and "Mozhi" (2007).

--IANS

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Girish Prithviraj | Akshay Kumar | Diwali 2020 Bollywood 6
Raju lal EMPURAAN-Lucifer 2 | Mohanlal, Prithviraj | 2021 South Indian Films 0
Saj 007 Lucifer | Mohanlal, Prithviraj South Indian Films 7
Jithin91 9 - Movie | Prithviraj South Indian Films 1
R SIIMA Award 2016: Vikram, Prithviraj, Nayanthara take major award on Day 2(Malayalam) South Indian Films 2
Bapun Raz Rani Mukherjee opposite South star Prithviraj Bollywood 0
Bapun Raz Renjith Shankar teaming up with Prithviraj again TV Shows & Programs 0
kramkumar Prithviraj Hindi debut opposite Rani Mukherjee Bollywood 0
anilsk01 Prithviraj Supriya Menon Marriage Photos South Indian Films 1
kramkumar Prithviraj to tie the knot today South Indian Films 0
Bapun Raz Narain replaces Prithviraj in Veera Puthran? South Indian Films 0
DreamDTH.com Article GTPL Hathway eyes Northeast expansion; to expand fast in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Digital Cable TV 4
Basil Doordarshan eyes tie-up to share content through Free Dish DD Free Dish 1
JitendraKumar DTH Updates Dish TV to deploy Rs 1200 cr Capex in FY19; eyes 1.3 mn net subs addition Dish TV 0
chermadurai DDF Exclusive Star eyes regional sports channels in more languages (Telugu, Malayalam, Bengali, and Marathi) TV Channels News 28
gubbimari Videocon d2h to turn PAT positive for full fiscal; eyes 2.5 mn gross subs in FY17 d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 0
Thakur Fastway Media Cable Network plans to invest Rs 100 cr; eyes 1 mn subs Fastway Digital Cable TV 0
Ashwani Jindal India Has Pay 269 Channels; DD Free Dish eyes 250 Channels TV Channels News 4
Thakur SPN India eyes Rs1200 cr. revenue frm IPL;80% inventory sold, telecast in 4 language TV Channels News 5
Thakur DD’s Freedish eyes expansion in non-Hindi markets DD Free Dish 9
Thakur LeTV to launch in India in 2016; eyes local content partnerships TV Channels News 0
S ISRO eyes a global role in satellite navigation Satellite News & Updates 4
sainibro Discovery eyes November launch for TLC channel in Turkey TV Channels News 1
Thakur Zee TV eyes Rs 50 crore from Farhan Akhtar-hosted reality show 'I Can Do That' TV Shows & Programs 3
Thakur Videocon d2h eyes 35-40% EBITDA growth at Rs 8.6 billion in FY-2016 d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 0