Punit Goenka honoured with ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ award at APEA

Reaction score
Punit Goenka honoured with ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ award at APEA

MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) MD and CEO Punit Goenka has been conferred the honour of ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ by Enterprise Asia at the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards (APEA), held last evening in New Delhi.

The award was presented by former chief election commissioner Dr GV Krishnamurthy. Goenka was honoured for leading an ever-growing media conglomerate with passion and determination. The APEA recognises and honours business leaders who have shown outstanding performance and tenacity in developing successful businesses within the region.

On his win, Goenka said, “I accept this award on behalf of the entire Zee family, for it is the result of their hard work and dedication. Our visionary chairman Subhash Chandra pioneered the private satellite television industry way back in the year 1992, and has proven the importance of foreseeing the market demands well in advance, setting higher benchmarks of entrepreneurship for all of us at Zee. “During the initial days of my career at Zee, I came across this beautiful quote on entrepreneurship by Peter Drucker, which said that ‘A true entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity.

’ In my opinion, it is the best definition of a true entrepreneur in today’s era. An entrepreneur in this era has to be all ears to these ever-rising demands of today’s consumers across the globe, and has to satisfy the consumers, by proactively presenting them customised offerings.” Recently Goenka also won the Media Person of the Year award at the IAA Leadership Awards.

Punit Goenka honoured with ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ award at APEA | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock