Discussion Purchased Tata Play "free" Binge+ box with 6K offer. However, the box is horribly laggy!

• Thread starter dth101
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 5,815
U may need to replace battery in month.
Also disable unused apps and uninstall unwanted apps.
Install ram booster

After a lot of complaints and the pending NCH compaint, the CEO Desk from Tata Play contacted me and offered cancellation as an option.

They deactivated my account the same day and took back the box the next day.

2 days later, they informed me that they will deduct 2499 from my remaining balance because I am terminating my connection before 6 months, even though they offered me cancellation as a solution after saying that they cannot rectify the issue with the box.

It has been 9 days now since my connection was deactivated and now they are not responding at all over any of the channels, so I am not even sure if and when I will get a refund.

Just don't trust this company. It seems they are either incompetent or unethical.
I finally received the refund of the complete balance present at the day of cancellation and with that my trauma with Tata Play ends.

It seems that they are just incompetent and their departments are just not able to communicate properly with each other.

I finally received the refund of the complete balance present at the day of cancellation and with that my trauma with Tata Play ends.

It seems that they are just incompetent and their departments are just not able to communicate properly with each other.
Realistic solution would've been replacing your Binge box with a Tata Play Firestick for the remaining time frame of your existing balance of ₹6000 you had spent making the purchase. Instead of deducting your money.

Just to follow-up, the technicians put down the issue to my TV which is ridiculous since I have a Samsung The Frame, which is a fairly mainstream and costly model. It is even more ridicuous as I an older 4K Fire is much smoother than the abonimation Tata Play is selling.

Their resolution to the issue is that they will fix the compatibility sometime in the future, when the hardware itself is evidently significantly underpowered and till that time I am supposed to just keep paying them for the horrible experience.

In short, don't invest in the Tata Play box if you can because it has got extremely poor hardware, made worse by even worse software. It is topped up by the incompetence of their technical team and customer support.
I was about to apply for the stb
but after ur review i wont go for it
still then what should be the choice of a smart tv holder to watch the tata play binge ott on smart tv????

Yes this box is laggy... especially you face the main lag post boot, sometime channel switching does not work..only option is to switch off and switch on
Btw can you please share pic of new remote? 🙏🥺
earlier channel switch no response was happening at times, home button was the only button working after pressing it channel number worked, nowadays not seeing this issue.

I was about to apply for the stb
but after ur review i wont go for it
still then what should be the choice of a smart tv holder to watch the tata play binge ott on smart tv????
he disabled system apps, added always running remote app which is not required now with new remote, also added load to system with usb ethernet,

further his tv is 4k, there may not be any problem in your full hd tv

Free internal memory of 1.5Gb will help system proceses' for lag free performance

Last edited:

Pretty much this is the only Solution. Disable unused apps, Completely disable animations from Developer menu, Stop background process(No processes).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock