Puthiya Thalaimurai TV blocked in Arasu Cable.(NOW BACK)

aravindan

Reaction score
Chennai:The Sources from the market report that the Leading News Channel Puthiya Thalaimurai TV's signals were Technically pulled down from Tamilnadu Government Operated Cable Network ARASU CABLE from 29th June Onwards. The reason behind this issues is unknown. However, highly placed sources state that, all is not going well between the channel and the ruling Govt on reporting some of the recent issues that projected the Govt in Bad Light.

The Channel's visibility is badly affected in Rest of Tamilnadu due to the frequent shuffling of channel nos and Signals being placed at a very low frequency levels resulting in technically poor or Zero visibility. However, the Channel is available in Chennai Metro due to the existence of DAS in Chennai Metro, where Arasu Cable doesn't have a presence due to the lack of a mandatory DAS Licence needed to operate in Metros like Chennai as directed by TRAI.

Earlier, TN Govt's Arasu Cable had applied for the Licence to Operate in Chennai and distribute STB's under DAS (Digital Addressable System) to I&B ministry and the same was pending before the previous UPA Govt for a prolonged period and this issue was one among the list of agendas of TN Chief Minister Ms. Jayalalithaa submitted to the newly elected NDA Govt during her recent visit to Delhi.

It may be recollected that Arasu Cable was initiated by the previous DMK Govt and Ms. Jayalalithaa revived it after coming to power for providing a cheaper Cable TV connection to people of TN for a meagre amount of Rs 100/- with a set of 100+ FTA (Free To Air) Channels. It was one among the immediate populist measures of Ms. Jayalalithaa's Govt.

Source: TV News for U

RE: News channel Puthiya Thalaimurai TV blocked in Arasu Cable...?

I had the news 3 days back , shared it in FB. Was waiting for someone to post it here , as I was seen as Arasu Cable TV hater.

Well , where is those supporting Arasu Cable TV blindly?!

PT is a neutral channel, its very tough for a channel to be unbiased and survive in TN.

However, the Channel is available in Chennai Metro due to the existence of DAS in Chennai Metro, where Arasu Cable doesn't have a presence due to the lack of a mandatory DAS Licence needed to operate in Metros like Chennai as directed by TRAI.

Above statement is incorrect..
PT is not available on SCV( which i belive is one of the biggest MSO in chennai)

I've seen recent coverage of PT on a Building Accident issue in chennai..

On behalf of heavy competition among tamil news channels, this incident have been over written by media people, especially PT like channels..

It helps for those debutant channels to increase their TRPs..

They have gone to a extreme on criticising present well going govt..

PT will be back soon..

Arasu have been providing more number of tamil news channels in compare with SCV in analog..

Bad news for Chennai Arasu cable viewers,...

aravindan said:
Arasu have been providing more number of tamil news channels in compare with SCV in analog..

It is not fair to compare SCV analogue channels with Arasu. As SCV is switched of analogue channels to make people to move to DAS.

But in Arasu cable , in whole Tamil Nadu

Captain News is blocked
SUN News is blocked
Now , PT...

I wonder whether you people would have given same kind of reaction if SCV has blocked PT...I know how people reacted when SCV and SUN Direct removed PT as PT failed to renew its agreement with them...
aravindan said:
I've seen recent coverage of PT on a Building Accident issue in chennai..

On behalf of heavy competition among tamil news channels, this incident have been over written by media people, especially PT like channels..

It helps for those debutant channels to increase their TRPs..

They have gone to a extreme on criticising present well going govt..

Is that mean blocking PT is right as they criticised Govt??

I don't want to enter into political discussion , but what is wrong in criticising the Govt which gave permission to the building??

I'm getting this channel in STB.

Viki said:
It is not fair to compare SCV analogue channels with Arasu. As SCV is switched of analogue channels to make people to move to DAS.

But in Arasu cable , in whole Tamil Nadu

Captain News is blocked
SUN News is blocked
Now , PT...

I wonder whether you people would have given same kind of reaction if SCV has blocked PT...I know how people reacted when SCV and SUN Direct removed PT as PT failed to renew its agreement with them...

1: Never compare a monopoly with Arasu, Arasu always gave 100 times more channels than what was given by the monopoly all these ages.

2: If Arasu removed 1 or 2 channels then it can easily match them with 5 other alternate channels. Was the same happened with the monopoly till date?

Thanti just came to compensate a huge list removed and another huge list pushed back. Like giving a toffee to a kid.

Either they should remove all the un-viewable/last slot tamil channels and Pix or bring them back to the visible mode. Whats the use of just having them for no use just to boast their channel count?

3: If they intend to push people to DAS then does their DAS have all the missing channels (DAS people please clarify)? They cant even give an English package within Rs 200. (There are atleast 2 other non govt MSO's that gives such packages in Chennai and yet the current MSO wont.)

4: I would only blame Arasu if they leave me with absolutely no alternative than their preferred choice which doesn't seem to have happened any time for the rest of the TN.

5: I Still blame Arasu as they are yet to come to Chennai.

6: Mostly PT will return to Arasu (At-least on DAS) unlike other places where they just go missing permanently both on Analogue and on DAS.

7: PT infact is good for Arasu as they get a chance to find their real faults via PT (neutral news) and correct them so the next State elections can too be enjoyed by them due to the TN Govts people friendly measures.

Woah, if Arasu removes PT, then its a chance for PT to find their faults.

If Sun direct removes PT, then its their monopoly. Whatte logic.

This is the reason TRAI has a rule that if permission given to state govts for MSO, they will be in a situation to control which channel to be blocked/which channel to be seen. This is being criticized by so called Arasu supporters.

Well, f you are againsta monopoly, thats a welcome change and anyone who is capable of can do it now since they have govt support and wil work if they ppl's support. But jus bcoz u want to end Sun's monopoly supporting a rival govt would be a suicidal bcoz tomo they would be behaving in the same manner.

and thats why DD is a autommous organization and it doesn't come under central govt otherwise they would DD also for their political propaganda

Viki said:
I had the news 3 days back , shared it in FB. Was waiting for someone to post it here , as I was seen as Arasu Cable TV hater.

Well , where is those supporting Arasu Cable TV blindly?!

Bro, even i saw that news 3 days before in other forums but was waiting to see it being shared in DDF.

So it took 3 days to post this news in this huge Arasu fan following forum.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock