Breaking PVR and Cinepolis India in advanced talks to merge

MFan9724

Reaction score
India’s leading multiplex chain PVR and the local unit of Mexican company Cinepolis are in advanced merger talks, according to a report.

The transaction is "moving quickly toward fruition” and would result in the merged giant owning more than 1,200 screens

Cinepolis will likely have a 20 percent stake in the company and PVR's Ajay Bijli will have the management control for at least three years

India’s leading multiplex chain PVR and the local unit of Mexican company Cinepolis are in advanced merger talks, according to a report.

The transaction is "moving quickly toward fruition” and would result in the merged giant owning more than 1,200 screens

Cinepolis will likely have a 20 percent stake in the company and PVR's Ajay Bijli will have the management control for at least three years

After Zee now One more indian company is going to be owned by foreigners 🙁

Wow! Cinepolis is my favourite cinema hall and my city Jaipur didn't have any PVR yet.

No bro 80% of it will still be with PVR . So win - win situation for us 🙂
"Cinepolis to be largest shareholder with around 20% Stake, While PVR promoters will have around 10-14% stake"
It means proportionate holdings will be of PVR stake holders, but definitely less than that of Cinepolis.

We are slowly heading towards a duopoly of PVR and Inox. Already PVR acquired SPI Cinemas, one of the biggest multiplex chains in the South (especially TN), in 2018 and it has acquired Cinemax and DT Cinemas before. Meanwhile Cinépolis acquired Fun Cinemas from Essel Group in 2016.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock