Queries regarding Number and Availability of Channels in India

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys

I wanted to ask 2 simple questions. You can consider me a newbie of satellite and channels world. I'm sure many people may want to know answers of these questions:

1. How many channels are there including all countries? I know no one can give exact number but I want to know an approx. idea. Is it under thousands or lac or crore? Is there any webpage showing list of all channels available in all countries?

2. Are all channels available in India? I mean can we access and watch Russian, US, etc country channels in India using 3rd party STBs? Or these channels are banned by our country or actual country of these channels? Many times forum members post about new channels found on various satellite locations, so it means we can watch foreign country channels in India.

I'll highly appreciate if experts can throw light on these newbie questions. :)

I think u earlier went by d name of 'windows-fan'
U had abs1 setup, and then said u r having Thaicom 5, 6 ft dish setup as well....

how come u r a newbie of satellite world. :skd :wall

^^ No. I think you are misunderstanding me with someone else. Thats true that my previous name was Windows Fan but I never posted anything regarding the terms you mentioned. You can check my posts.

hmm :k bro, May be I m wrong. :)

Regarding ur qs,
No of channels arnd d world are uncountable.

U can get only a handful of satellites in India, whose footprints cover India.
Check out satbeams.com for more info.

1. I have no Idea. But let me guess. :c
I think total channels number in the world will be around few thousands. May be less than 5 thousand.

2. No not all channels are available in INDIA because not all satellite has coverage in South Asia region. Officially you need to have down-link permission to distribute channels in India. But as satellite signal are not restricted by country-wise so you can get(watch) few channels(FTA by any FTA box or pay channels if u have decrypt key like people watching TS channels outside INDIA using TS stb) which do not have down-link permission by pointing your dish towards the satellite which is broadcasting the channel and has coverage over South Asia. But it's illegal and can lead you to imprisonment. So be aware. :s

Thanks guys. It was really helpful. I'm not going to distribute or watch these channels. The questions just came in my mind and I asked here. :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock