Questions about recording in HD STBs

island

Reaction score
Hi,

Have a couple of questions about recorded TV in HD STBs. I am planning to buy a HD STB with recording capacity.

1. Do recorded videos are in 1080p and 5.1 sound? (Ofcourse if the source is) If yes, what is avg size of recordings in MB/min?
2. Can STB with USB recorder support external HDD? or can backup be taken from pen drive by connecting it with PC? I have read that recorded videos can't be played in PC as they are encrypted. I just want to backup so that I can transfer it to pendrive and play from STB?

If all or some particular DTH platform eg. airtel supports any of above features?

Thanks.

bro,external harddisk support i think usb 2.0 working & you can store in pc ,but video works only stb & not working in pc,

When you will connect recorded videos hdd/pen drive to computer, it will ask to format the drive. Without formatting you can't use it. So no way to transfer videos inside it.

Vicky said:
bro,external harddisk support i think usb 2.0 working & you can store in pc ,but video works only stb & not working in pc,

Bapun Raz said:
When you will connect recorded videos hdd/pen drive to computer, it will ask to format the drive. Without formatting you can't use it. So no way to transfer videos inside it.

Which of these is correct ? May be diff for diff STBs/DTH?
If I connect my HDD to STB and it asks to format, it'd be useless.

island said:
Which of these is correct ? May be diff for diff STBs/DTH?
If I connect my HDD to STB and it asks to format, it'd be useless.

Both are correct....

You can Connect
Minimum 4gb Pendrive & Maximum 2tb external harddisk

Videos will record in pendrive/harddisk.....

& you canonly VIEW those videos in that particular stb

*Those Videos can't be played in PC/OTHER STB

syam said:
Both are correct....

You can Connect
Minimum 4gb Pendrive & Maximum 2tb external harddisk

Videos will record in pendrive/harddisk.....

& you canonly VIEW those videos in that particular stb

*Those Videos can't be played in PC/OTHER STB

Both can't be correct for same stb - if pen drive asks to format everytime how can i store vids in pc?
I want to do-
1. Record Program A in full HD 5.1 in my 8Gb pen drive
2. Connect Pen drive to pc and transfer program A to PC and record Program B in pen drive.
3. Copy program A from PC to pen drive and watch in same STB

Don't want to play in PC just store for backup as i think full hd 5.1 videos will be large in size.

is it possbile ? with which - Tata/Airtel/Videocon?

I am recording from.from many devices, eg. But all my recorders are made to record HD
N digital .
To record a HD video, u must have a HD recording device.
I have a LG DVD HD recorder,with. DVD disc or a usb Flashdrives .
It records all DTH channels for my wife n family , so when they free ,
They can view it later.
This recording is for private use only.
I sometime record children's cartoons, religious movies so that I can replay for my children n grandchildren

I used to be a sub agent to sell Strong n Dreambox hd stb n recorders.
But that was 15 years ago.
I am retired today,
Dreambox r very dear , but Strong hd stb r good in quality n value.
Because I am currently using Dreambox, Strong n Magic HD stbs.

island said:
Both can't be correct for same stb - if pen drive asks to format everytime how can i store vids in pc?
I want to do-
1. Record Program A in full HD 5.1 in my 8Gb pen drive
2. Connect Pen drive to pc and transfer program A to PC and record Program B in pen drive.
3. Copy program A from PC to pen drive and watch in same STB

Don't want to play in PC just store for backup as i think full hd 5.1 videos will be large in size.

is it possbile ? with which - Tata/Airtel/Videocon?

one times is compulsary to format on stb & in sundirect my stb ask fat32 format only works & please provide which dth u use bro & back up is 100% working & actually i have also using in my sundirect hd stb & if pc ask format ask & please don't format in pc,because record program is lost & only one time is format in stb & i hope u understand :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock