Questions Regarding Tata Sky+ Transfer STB

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Guys!

I need your technical help:

1. I rad somewhere on this forum that the new Tata Sky+ Transfer STB requires a new equipment to use one single wire for 3 built-in tuners. Does that equipment comes bundled with the STB or do I need to buy it separately from Tata Sky?

2. Currently I'm using Tata Sky+ HD STB and the LNB is dual-tuner which allows to connect 2 wires. Will this LNB work with new Tata Sky+ Transfer STB as it doesnt require 2 wires. Or will I need to buy a new LNB from Tata Sky?

3. Also if possible can someone mention what exact things are included in the new STB pack? I'm asking this because many times the Tata Sky technicians don't provide everything included in the pack. For example, when Tata Sky started giving universal remote with new STB, Tata Sky technicians in my area were replacing the new remote with old remote and will selling the new universal remote to customers.

1) The set top box has the tuners built in and only requires a single coaxial cable running from the dish to your set top box. You do not need to buy any equipment separately.

2) The current LNB that you have will work with the transfer STB.

3) Pack includes Set top box, power supply, universal remote with batteries HDMI cable.

Note. TataSky will soon be releasing a 3D set top box with 4 pairs of 3D glasses, After you buy the HD+ transfer STB in a matter of months this new product will be launched and you might regret for not having waited a bit longer before investing.

I definitely do not want a 3D set top box. 3D TVs are a waste of money. There is just handful of content which is better seen once in theatres.

esmoteric said:
TataSky will soon be releasing a 3D set top box with 4 pairs of 3D glasses, After you buy the HD+ transfer STB in a matter of months this new product will be launched and you might regret for not having waited a bit longer before investing.
Who told you??? any source?? all Tata sky :HD stbs are 3D enabled. 3D set top box will not a new one...

Yes, all current TS :HD STBs are 3D enabled.

They have shown 3D Showcase movies in the past and I think some are still available on VoD.

jdrocks said:
Yes, all current TS :HD STBs are 3D enabled.

They have shown 3D Showcase movies in the past and I think some are still available on VoD.

Well I guess the difference here is going to be that the movies shown on showcase before needed you to have a 3D TV and use the glasses which came along with the TV, but not everyone will be willing to invest on 3D TVs which are still pretty expensive, so Tata is designing a stb which will work with regular LCD/LED TVs and the glasses come along with the STB so you get a tailor fit 3D experience.

Thats inside info from TataSky got to know coz they want to give me the STB for reviewing before launch. Will post updates as and when I have more info. :luv

Is this a joke? What kind of technology is this? Never heard of anything like it. It doesn't exist anywhere in the world. Don't you think if that technology existed, it would have come first on blu-ray players?

Of course if you are referring to the ridiculous red and blue anaglyphic 3D paper glasses used before the current crop of 3D TVs appeared, that's a different matter.

Guys

Since I have LNB which requires 2 wires to be connected, if its used to connect a single wire to new Transfer+ STB, will it cause any signal or PQ problem?

Can technicians replace existing LNB with new single wire LNB for free?

PS: I read somewhere on this forum when initial news about Transfer+ STB posted that it supports a special kind of device to connect to LNB. I cant remember the name.

DTH Fan said:
Guys

Since I have LNB which requires 2 wires to be connected, if its used to connect a single wire to new Transfer+ STB, will it cause any signal or PQ problem?

Can technicians replace existing LNB with new single wire LNB for free?

PS: I read somewhere on this forum when initial news about Transfer+ STB posted that it supports a special kind of device to connect to LNB. I cant remember the name.

The upgrade costs will include all additional hardware required.

There is only one wire required. I believe new Super LNB or SAT CR LNB is required. They will replace your current LNB if necessary without extra cost.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock