Raj Kundra & Akshay Kumar partner to launch Home shopping channel 'Best Deal TV

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
MUMBAI: Entrepreneur Raj Kundra has joined hands with actor Akshay Kumar to launch Best Deal TV - a 24 hours shopping channel.

With a motto of Sirf B
estest,the channel promises to present exclusive products at best possible rates.

•The free to air celebrity channel will be available on all major cable and DTH (Direct to home) platforms from 18 March, 2015 onwards.

The products available on Best Deal TV are categorized in lifestyle, home, fashion, health and beauty.

Speaking at the launch, Best Deal TV founder and CEO Kundra said, “We are pleased to launch a new and unique home shopping channel on which our products will be exclusive, aspirational and above all affordable.

All products will go t
hrough our vigorous Quality Lab tests before obtaining approval. Today most brands rely on celebrities to sell their products. Best Deal TV offers the perfect combination – of quality products and celebrities endorsing them on the same platform. To me it is perfect example of aProduct - Celebrity Match.We match quality approved products with celebrities, and by controlling the end to end supply chain we ensure savings of our customers that guarantee they, literally get the best deal.”

Co-owner Akshay Kumar shared his experience with teleshopping. He said he saw a teleshopping channel offering astrological suggestions and when he took part in it he found that the rates quoted in the channel were bargainable, which means many customers might have been cheated. He also was of the opinion that products that are sold in the channels now available have no quality assurance.

He elaborated, “When Best Deal first came to me with the idea of a home shopping channel the first thing I wanted to be sure about is that if my name is going to be attached to something, it has to be for something unique, never done before by a celebrity, and a quality which is worthy of my 100 per cent. I am happy to say that for the first time, consumers will be able to fulfill their celebrity style aspirations as far as their look and feel is concerned at very affordable prices.”

Best Deal TV is expected to cater to those who admire Bollywood glitteratzi and always aspire to dress up similarly. The challenge will be pricing, as the products come with a celebrity how much impact will it leave on the price tag remains to be seen. Every product has to be endorsed by a celebrity and only then will it feature on the channel. The concept is, the manufacturer has to approach a celebrity and convince him or her in terms of quality. And if a celebrity wants to launch his or her own product Best Deal TV can be a platform.

The chairperson and brand ambassador of the channel Shilpa Shetty Kundra said, “As a self-confessed shopaholic I love the concept behind Best Deal TV. TV commerce is a growing trend, an easy and convenient way to shop from the comfort to your home.

Now customers can be reassured of quality products which are being endorsed by their favourite celebrities. Best Deal TV aims to offer something, which is special to its consumers; products that solve a problem, make a difference, offer great value for money and deliver exceptional results. It makes me very proud to be a part of this transparent and top quality platform, truly making us bestest.”

Former AVP of Home Shop 18 Meghna Krishna has been named COO of the company. Speaking at the launch, Krishna said the motto of the channel is to provide better than the best i.e bestest product to the consumers, “Celebrities always gain eyeballs and enhance the popularity of the product, Best Deal TV will convert eyeballs into transactions. The teleshopping industry is growing bigger and bigger, it is now a $4 billion industry and by 2020it will become a $10 billion industry, hence the sector has a future and Best Deal TV will emerge as the ruler.”

Key personalities behind the Channel are:
· Raj Kundra, Founder and CEO
· Akshay Kumar, Co – Owner
· Uday Kothary, Co – Owner
· Shipa Shetty Kundra, Chairperson and Brand Ambassador
· Meghna Krishna, COO
· Hemant Vastani, CFO

Indian Television Dot Com | Raj Kundra & Akshay Kumar partner to launch shopping channel

http://m.economictimes.com/industry...ss-with-best-deal-tv/articleshow/46466329.cms

quite a gud update @dileep bro :clap

So, another shopping chnl on its way..

wiill be added on all dths :s :dodgy

Gud news Best Deal TV The free to air celebrity channel will be available on all major cable and DTH (Direct to home) platforms from 18 March, 2015 onwards.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock