Raj TV Network's national head of distribution S Swaminathan puts in his papers

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Contributor
Reaction score
Raj Television Network's national head of distribution S Swaminathan put in his papers on 14 June. Swaminathan has been with the group since 2007. Sources at the network confirmed that Swaminathan had submitted his resignation and is on a notice period until 14 July 2013. "A replacement for Swaminathan will soon be announced," said the source.

Speaking with indiantelevision.com, Swaminathan said that the parting with Raj Television Network was cordial. "I have been in the distribution business in South India for almost 14 years and need a sabbatical. With the fast changing landscape of Cable TV in India, I want to explore newer avenues in the digital space, besides which, I am also contemplating on a few assignments already in hand."

When Swaminathan joined Raj Television Network, it had just four channels in Tamil. At present, the channel has five Tamil channels, two each in Kannada, Telugu and Malayalam and the Hindi channel. The Network now has six encrypted channels - four in Tamil and one each in Kannada and Telugu.

Before joining Raj Television Network, Swaminathan was with ESPN for about seven years, and with FMCG brands Pepsi, Heinz before that.

Indiantelevision.com > News Headlines > Raj TV Network's national head of distribution S Swaminathan puts in his papers

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock