Rajiv Takru transferred to health ministry

Anil.HD

Reaction score
source-http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k12/aug/aug110.php

NEW DELHI: Rajiv Takru, until now Additional Secretary in the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, has been transferred to the Department of Health and Family Welfare as Additional Secretary and Financial Adviser.

The appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment in place of Ravinder Kumar Jain, IAS, on his relinquishing the charge of the post.

Takru, an Indian Administrative Officer from Gujarat Cadre from the 1979 batch, had on 13 October 2010 assumed charge as Additional Secretary in the I&B Ministry in place of Uday Kumar Verma, an IAS officer from Madhya Pradesh in the 1976 batch, who came back to the Ministry early this year as Secretary.

Takru also held charge as CEO in Prasar Bharati when then CEO BS Lalli was suspended on corruption charges, until new CEO Jawahar Sircar tool over earlier this year.

Prior to his appointment in I&B, Takru was Director General of National Institute of Fashion Technology under the Ministry of Textiles.

Takru has served in various capacities at both the Centre and State in various Departments/Ministries such as Defence, Textiles, Finance & Revenue, Commerce, Urban Development and Tourism.

A graduate in mechanical engineering, he also served as Deputy Director at the Lal Bahadur Shastri Academy, Mussourie during the period 1988- 1992.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock