Rakesh Roshan reveals why SUPERHEROINE films won’t work!

Shiva mahesh

Contributor
Reaction score
"I don’t think I can make a female-based film, as I believe the audience won’t accept that," says Rakesh Roshan

Be it Kangana Ranaut’s Queen, Anushka Sharma’s NH 10, Sonam Kapoor’s Neerja or Priyanka Chopra’s Mary Kom; we have been getting to see a lot of female-centric movies lately. And all these films have been doing consistently well at the box office. Not only that, the audience especially the youth are happy to see the changing face of Indian cinema and how a film doesn’t need to survive at the box office only because it has a superstar in it

However, film maker Rakesh Roshan thinks otherwise. Rakesh, who has given us the popular Krrish series, is of the view that a ‘superheroine’ film wouldn’t do well. In an interview with Hindustan Times, Rakesh said, “If I have a superhero in my film, then I can have a ‘superheroine’. I don’t think I can make a female-based film, as I believe the audience won’t accept that.”

Now that films are becoming more content driven and actresses are open to doing women-centric movies, we wonder what made Rakesh say that. Not all films that have a solo female lead like Sonakshi Sinha’s Akira can be a success at the box office, agreed but saying that the audience won’t ever accept that is so not true

Oh and he further went on to share some precious nuggets with the newcomers in Bollywood. The film-maker advised the new lot of actors, including Varun Dhawan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt and Shraddha Kapoor to choose their films wisely and work with good directors. “Newcomers wish to become stars overnight. Hence, they tend to take up a lot of films at once, which isn’t right,” he said

Just when we thought that the Hrithik-Kangana war was over, Rakesh, who has always been tight-lipped about the Hrithik Kangana controversy took everyone aback when he made a statement about the ugly spat. He went on to say that the truth is yet to come out and it will shock everyone. And Kangy, who is the queen of sass, gave a befitting reply saying “Why would a 43-year-old man (Hrithik) need his father to rescue him?” ( )

The Krrish director recently announced that he will be back with the Krrish franchise next year. As of now, he is producing Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam starrer Kaabil which will release in January 2017

Rakesh Roshan reveals why SUPERHEROINE films won’t work!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock