Ram Gopal Varma copies Rajinikanth's song

• Thread starter Gagan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,325

Gagan

Reaction score
Maverick filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma, who often claims that he takes inspiration from others' work, has now copied a popular track from superstar Rajinikanth's yesteryear film. It has been discovered that the director's 'Dan dan dan...' from his upcoming Hindi film Department has striking similarities with Aasai nooru vagai...' composed by Ilaiyaraaja from Adutha Varisu.

It is said that not only the tune has been copied, even the picturisation resembles Rajinikanth's song. While the superstar romanced with a couple of girls in the yesteryear track, item girl Nathalia Kaur drives a lot of men crazy in the Hindi song. However, now, the filmmaker has admitted after Tamil cinegoers discovered the connection between the two songs.

“To answer all speculations yes @nathalia_kaur Dan Dan song hs bn inspired from RAJNIKANT s song aasai nooruvagai frm hs film `Adutha Varisu,” RGV wrote on Twitter. But he claims that the rights have been taken. The filmmaker tweets, “The inspiration rights have been taken..tht Rajnikant song has bn one of my all time faviourates nd @nathalia_kaur song is a tribute to it,”

Ram Gopal Varma ends on the note that he is the sole responsible for copying the tune. “Dharam Sandeep, the music directors, on my insistence took tht 30 secnd line frm the Rajnikant song bt rest of song nd track is their original.”

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/news/2012/ram-gopal-varma-rajinikanth-song-160412.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock