• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums
    An online community for the television enthusiasts!

Ranbir Kapoor approached to play Yuvraj Singh in cricketer's biopic: Report

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
It's an open season for sports movies in Bollywood. Dangal, M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story, Sultan, etc have done exceedingly well and won accolades. And it's rumoured that groundwork has already started to make a movie based on the life of Yuvraj Singh.

Yuvraj, a beloved cricketer, has fought cancer and helped India win couple of World Cup trophies. At the age of 35, he is still considered an integral part of the Indian limited-overs sides.

His is a subject matter any movie maker will take up without a second thought. But who will play the role of Yuvraj remains a talking point for cricket fans.

However, according to reports, Ranbir Kapoor has emerged as a leading candidate. Kapoor, himself a sports fanatic, was reportedly offered the role. Interestingly, the Bollywood heartthrob had previously expressed his desire to play Yuvraj in reel-life.

"Yes, I can confirm that Ranbir has received these offers, but he has not taken a call on either. Let's see what happens in the future," Sportskeeda qouted a source close to the Ranbir camp.

Last October, the actor expressed his desire to play the role of Yuvraj in the cricketer's biopic while promoting his upcoming movie ‘Aye Dil Hai Mushkil’.

“Like I mentioned earlier, Yuvraj Singh. I think he has had an interesting story,” he told StarSports in a show on the sidelines of India-New Zealand series.

However, Yuvraj has Akshay Kumar in his mind for the role. On a talk show, Yuvi said that Kumar "fits" the bill.

”Well I don’t know who relates to me the best but as a Punjabi boy I think Akshay fits in that category," he has said.

Ranbir Kapoor approached to play Yuvraj Singh in cricketer's biopic: Report | Zee News

hike

Contributor
Reaction score
SarfaRaZ said:
Yes somewhat better than RK ;)
Somewhat?? He's Best choice. But, plz don't take these Khan's I hate all of them they all are Old.
But, no one can beat Sushant.

rockstar08

Registered
Reaction score
Ranbir can surely act in any role , though his movies doesn't create records , his acting never fails ...

santosh

Banned
Reaction score
Better make kohli's biopic as in kohli's biopic they can show typical bollywood style love , breakup , patchup with anushka sharma :lol

SarfaRaZ

Contributor
Reaction score
santosh said:
Better make kohli's biopic as in kohli's biopic they can show typical bollywood style love , breakup , patchup with anushka sharma :lol
N for that RK will be Super Fit ;)

santosh

Banned
Reaction score
I guess imran khan will suit for but not sure if movie will be hit

SarfaRaZ

Contributor
Reaction score
santosh said:
I guess imran khan will suit for but not sure if movie will be hit
You mean the Azhar hero Imran Hasmi :huh

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Deep Mody Animal | Anil Kapoor | Ranbir Kapoor | Parineeti Chopra | Bobby Deol Bollywood 0
DreamDTH.com Article “It was my dream to say action to Ranbir Kapoor”, says Shakti Mohan on The Love Laugh Live Show Season 2 DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
Bapun Raz Ranbir Kapoor-Alia Bhatt wedding in December Bollywood 0
Bapun Raz Smile Deke Dekho | Alia Bhatt, Ranbir Kapoor Movies & Music 0
abhishek Brahmastra | Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt Movies & Music 15
Riddhiman Shamshera | Ranbir Kapoor Bollywood 1
Bapun Raz Sanju: Sanjay Dutt Biopic | Ranbir Kapoor Bollywood 54
sumitroy Jagga Jasoos | Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif | July 14, 2017 Bollywood 17
R Ranbir Kapoor might replace Amitabh Bachchan as the host of KBC TV Shows & Programs 26
Thakur Ranbir Kapoor in ZEE TV’s Diwali special show TV Shows & Programs 2
Girish Here's what Katrina Kaif has to say about her break-up with Ranbir Kapoor Bollywood 0
Dileep Kumar Ranbir Kapoor unveils first look of Ronnie Screwvala's book Bollywood 0
Dinesh jain Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif in a live-inrelationship Bollywood 0
Dinesh jain Ranbir Kapoor turns 19, Katrina Kaif 22 forJagga Jasoos Bollywood 4
tech_genie Ranbir Kapoor named Pepsi in Besharam Bollywood 0
DhaRmiN Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani Ft. Ranbir Kapoor Bollywood 0
DhaRmiN BESHARAM - Ft. Ranbir Kapoor Bollywood 0
Bapun Raz Ranbir Kapoor completes five years in Bollywood Movies & Music 1
Bapun Raz Alia Bhatt says her biggest crush is Ranbir Kapoor Bollywood 3
people Ranbir Kapoor is currently at par with SRK and Amitabh!!! Bollywood 0
Bapun Raz Ranbir Kapoor opens his heart about Katrina Bollywood 0
Bapun Raz Ranbir Kapoor fined Rs 200 for smoking in public Bollywood 2
Bapun Raz After Shah Rukh Khan, Court summons Ranbir Kapoor for smoking in public Bollywood 0
Kamlesh Barjati Ranbir Kapoor sets a record Bollywood 0
Niraj Rathod Ranbir Kapoor, Vidya Balan top Apsara Awards Bollywood 1