Ranbir Kapoor approached to play Yuvraj Singh in cricketer's biopic: Report

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
It's an open season for sports movies in Bollywood. Dangal, M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story, Sultan, etc have done exceedingly well and won accolades. And it's rumoured that groundwork has already started to make a movie based on the life of Yuvraj Singh.

Yuvraj, a beloved cricketer, has fought cancer and helped India win couple of World Cup trophies. At the age of 35, he is still considered an integral part of the Indian limited-overs sides.

His is a subject matter any movie maker will take up without a second thought. But who will play the role of Yuvraj remains a talking point for cricket fans.

However, according to reports, Ranbir Kapoor has emerged as a leading candidate. Kapoor, himself a sports fanatic, was reportedly offered the role. Interestingly, the Bollywood heartthrob had previously expressed his desire to play Yuvraj in reel-life.

"Yes, I can confirm that Ranbir has received these offers, but he has not taken a call on either. Let's see what happens in the future," Sportskeeda qouted a source close to the Ranbir camp.

Last October, the actor expressed his desire to play the role of Yuvraj in the cricketer's biopic while promoting his upcoming movie ‘Aye Dil Hai Mushkil’.

“Like I mentioned earlier, Yuvraj Singh. I think he has had an interesting story,” he told StarSports in a show on the sidelines of India-New Zealand series.

However, Yuvraj has Akshay Kumar in his mind for the role. On a talk show, Yuvi said that Kumar "fits" the bill.

”Well I don’t know who relates to me the best but as a Punjabi boy I think Akshay fits in that category," he has said.

Ranbir Kapoor approached to play Yuvraj Singh in cricketer's biopic: Report | Zee News

SarfaRaZ said:
Yes somewhat better than RK ;)
Somewhat?? He's Best choice. But, plz don't take these Khan's I hate all of them they all are Old.
But, no one can beat Sushant.

Ranbir can surely act in any role , though his movies doesn't create records , his acting never fails ...

Better make kohli's biopic as in kohli's biopic they can show typical bollywood style love , breakup , patchup with anushka sharma :lol

santosh said:
Better make kohli's biopic as in kohli's biopic they can show typical bollywood style love , breakup , patchup with anushka sharma :lol

N for that RK will be Super Fit ;)

I guess imran khan will suit for but not sure if movie will be hit

santosh said:
I guess imran khan will suit for but not sure if movie will be hit

You mean the Azhar hero Imran Hasmi :huh

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock