Ranbir Kapoor pledges money for girl empowerment

Reaction score
Ranbir Kapoor, on the Simi Garewal show 'India's Most Desirable', drew a self portrait to be auctioned and pledged the monies to the Mijwan Welfare Society. This NGO is the brainchild of Shabana Azmi and her Goddaughter Namrata Goyal.

Ranbir has come on board as Youth Icon of Mijwan Welfare Society that supports the girl child.

Ranbir Kapoor said, "By associating with Mijwan Welfare Society, an NGO founded by the extraordinary poet lyricist Kaifi Azmi, I am paying my tribute to a rare poet who practiced what he preached "Pyar ka jashn nai tarha manana hoga, Gam kisi dil mein sahi Gam ko mitana hoga".

"I am happy to join hands with MWS, which is working to provide equal opportunity to the girl child through education training and employment generation. It is heartening that Shabana Azmi and her godchild Namrata Goyal are taking Kaifi Saheb's dream forward," adds Ranbir.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock