Receive NSS6/Insat 4B and AsiaSat 5 without monoblock lnb

• Thread starter Vinay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 21,695

Vinay

Reaction score
One of my friends on FB stays in a far flung area of India and cannot get a monoblock lnb for some reasons. He wants to receive AsiaSat 5 channels without changing his single lnb or dish antenna alignment.

I suggested him to fix a second side-lnb adjusted for AsiaSat 5 and use a DiSEqC switch to connect both the lnbs to the stb. Ku-band universal lnb costs Rs100 and 2X1 DiSEqC switch costs around Rs90. Price of a monobloc lnb varies from Rs400 to Rs650.

Here is the pic of the actual dish and the idea given to him.

Photo Credit: Neel K, Edited by: Vinay

aCfxs.jpg

RE: Alternate way to receive NSS6 - Insat 4B and AsiaSat 5 without monoblock lnb

Cool Buddy said:
What are the signal level? :huh

Signal quality levels can go as high as 65% to 70% for all these satellites :eek:hya

RE: Alternate way to receive NSS6 - Insat 4B and AsiaSat 5 without monoblock lnb

Cool Buddy said:
That is cool. The pic is your setup? :huh

No that is not my setup pic. But my FB friend's setup pic.

vinay bro can u post close up picture of the lnb

thanks vinay. clear picture. and soon i am going to try this to receive the channels of asiasat, but i am SD subscriber and set top box is updated with asiasat 5. So can i receive the channels.

i am geting insat 4b and st2,mesat 3 signals using single lnb.....
but some tps are week in mesat 3

guys where i buy DiSEqC switch?????

is it possible to receive these satellites in fta box with monoblock lnb? what frequency is to be enter for scanning asiasat5 in fta box? vinay bhai help please

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock