Seeking Help Recording issues observed with Sun Direct HD HS8103 STB

srikanthdm

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently upgraded from SD to sundirect HD. Set top box model is HS8103. I am facing an issue with recording. I start recording in a channel and then if i want to change the channel, it shows an option to stop recording otherwise i should remain on same channel.

Recording is the facility to record one channel while viewing another. But this issue makes the recording feature useless.

Do anyone face same issue with sun direct HD box. is this a software issue of STB issue.

Please give me the solution.

Hello,
I recently upgraded from SD to sundirect HD. Set top box model is HS8103. I am facing an issue with recording. I start recording in a channel and then if i want to change the channel, it shows an option to stop recording otherwise i should remain on same channel.

Recording is the facility to record one channel while viewing another. But this issue makes the recording feature useless.

Do anyone face same issue with sun direct HD box. is this a software issue of STB issue.

Please give me the solution.
You can record and watch simultaneously only if channels are in same TP

Do anyone face same issue with sun direct HD box. is this a software issue of STB issue. Please give me the solution.

While recording, channels can be changed only between channels that are in the same transponder. Transponder number of a channel can be viewed by pressing the Info button in the remote control. It is the number displayed next to the channel name in the EPG.

For example, the transponder number of Sun TV HD is 10970. Hence, if we are recording a program in Sun TV HD, we can only switch to other channels which have the same transponder number of 10970 (For example, K TV HD, Sun Music HD, etc.,.)

Last edited:
You can record and watch simultaneously only if channels are in same TP
Thank you for the quick reply.

This is a limitation right. the user wants a program to be recorded while watching another program. User will not know about the TP which is supported for a particular channel.

Sun direct website do not mention about this point. "SUN DIRECT DTH subscribers can now record unlimited High Definition or Standard Definition television content via USB port facility in the all-new PVR box. Also enjoy, recording content from a channel while watching other channels, ability to set time up to a week in advance to record future programs, "

Do other service providers also work in same way. I have seen TATA SKY allowing to record any program on any channel and simultaneously allowing to watch another channel.

While recording, channels can be changed only between channels that are in the same transponder. Transponder number of a channel can be viewed by pressing the Info button in the remote control. It is the number displayed next to the channel name in the EPG.

For example, the transponder number of Sun TV HD is 10970. Hence, if we are recording a program in Sun TV HD, we can only switch to other channels which have the same transponder number of 10970 (For example, K TV HD, Sun Music HD, etc.,.)

Do recording facility work in similar manner with other service providers too? I have seen TATA SKY allowing to record a program and watch other program simultaneously

Do recording facility work in similar manner with other service providers too? I have seen TATA SKY allowing to record a program and watch other program simultaneously
Don't know about TS as it has DVR box. That works different way.

User will not know about the TP which is supported for a particular channel.

For this sun direct provides an option for user to know he can watch or not by blurring out other transponder channels name. When you record that time all the corresponding channels in Recording channel TP shows active others are light weight in font color

User will not know about the TP which is supported for a particular channel.

Do other service providers also work in same way. I have seen TATA SKY allowing to record any program on any channel and simultaneously allowing to watch another channel.

1) Please see my earlier reply on how to identify same transponder numbers. Moreover, while recording is going on, if we press the OK button in the remote control, it displays channel numbers that we could switch to in white. Other channel numbers are greyed out. That is one way to safely switch to another channel without the worry of the recording getting stopped.

2) However, Tata Sky and Airtel cost us money even for allowing us to record anything, don't they? I guess we might want to take the good with this obvious disadvantage.

Tata Sky +HD PVR STB have 2 Tuners (old STB) and 3 Tuners (New STB) and recording is done in Hard Disk, hence you can change channels and watch 1 channel and record 2 shows of another channel at same time.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock