Seeking Help Refund for my set top box (legal help)

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I am a ACC/SITI cable customer. Last June I upgraded my SD connection to HD connection for which I had to upgrade my SD set top box bought on August 2014 to HD set top box. I am unhappy with their services as they don't provide most HD channels including the ones from their parent network ZEE. I want to revoke my connection. But my cable operator is only agreeing to refund 30 per cent of the amount of the set top box. I payed 1800 bucks to upgrade from SD to HD box.

Can he legally deduct 70 per cent off the price of the set top box bought only 6 months ago? Isn't he suppose to provide me full refund? Can anyone please explain me about TRAI's terms of set top boxes?

If you bought on rent then there is security deposit but if its outright purchase no refund should be provided. Take that 30% because my mso fastway doesn't offer any refund if stb is bought by paying full amount.

http://fastway.in/pdf/STB-OPTION.pdf

Last edited:
If you bought on rent then there is security deposit but if its outright purchase no refund should be provided. Take that 30% because my mso fastway doesn't offer any refund if stb is bought by paying full amount.
How much did you pay? How can I know whether I rented or not?

I paid 1200/- full for hd box at the time of installation. If your monthly rent includes stb rent then its rented.

I paid 1200/- full for hd box at the time of installation. If your monthly rent includes stb rent then its rented.
We here don't get proper billing. So I have no clue whether they sold me or rented it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock