Seeking Help Regarding Multi-room connection

Rishithulyan

Reaction score
Hi all,
I need expert advice. I am asking this for my colleague.
He was planning to take a new SunDirect HD Connection for the last few months, but had to wait for his cable tv subscription's prepaid period to complete.

Four months back, when we checked the SunDirect website, it was showing ₹4190 for new connection of 'Malayalam Cinema-Sports Pack + Ultra HD' along with one year subscription. Then it became ₹4490 and now its showing ₹5490 for the same package. Its 31% hike within 3 months period and my colleague feels that its much overpriced.

He's now thinking of another option to save money. He is staying in an apartment and his brother is also living in adjacent apartment. His brother is already having the same package (Malayalam Cinema-Sports with Ultra HD), which he subscribed for ₹4190 only some months back. My friend is thinking of availing multi-room connection in his brother's existing connection. Since both are living in the same building within same compound, it's literally like multi-room only.

Can you please tell :
1. how much will be the installation cost ?
2. Will he get ₹200 reduction for monthly subscription ?
3. Can he choose to pay annual payment pre-paid and save money?
4. Will they install a new dish antenna and cable for multi room connection or they just use a dual output LNB with another cable?
Thanks in advance.

Customer Care would be in a better position to answer questions regarding multi room connections. As per the Sun Direct website's FAQ page, for more than one TVs, one dish can serve 2 STBs.

Sun Direct DTH Customer Care | FAQs HD

Sun Direct Customer Care (Toll free)
1800 123 7575
1800 103 7575

Customer Care would be in a better position to answer questions regarding multi room connections.

Thanks Siva. I just called their CC. They are telling that multi-room connection (called as "child connection" in their language) can only be SD, not HD even if the 'parent connection' is HD. I can't understand their logic.

There's only a discount of ₹200 in the initial installation fee, ie. ₹1790 instead of ₹1990. They will provide an SD STB only, not HD STB. No additional benefit/discount regarding monthly subscription.
Other DTHs are giving the secondary connection at much discounted rates. Don't know why SunDirect is not learning such customer satisfaction tips from other dth

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock