Seeking Help Regarding New Connection

Kiran Visal

Reaction score
Does it make sense for a north indian family to go for sun direct connection. I am currently living in Mysuru and my usage include all english entertainment and movies and maybe few hindi channels in case my wife craves for saas-bahu serials in future.
I have read that sun direct packages comes out to be cheaper than tata/airtel.
Suggestions are welcome.

Sun Direct's Channel List:

SD:
6 English Movie channels
4 English General Entertainment channels
10 English Infotainment channels
3 Hindi Infotainment channels
45 Hindi Channels (across genre)

HD:
8 English Movie channels
5 English General Entertainment channels
9 English Infotainment channels
1 Hindi Infotainment channel
21 Hindi Channels (across genre)

Take a look at the available packages & channels here:
https://www.sundirect.in/addons

You can go for it if the channel list & packages suit your need.

Only problem with Sun Direct is the quality of SD channels is very poor.

You can not see the english movie channels in sun direct, looks like the black and white video most of the sceen showing black shadow only.

As per my experience, If you not using the sun direct set top box for more than one month, then you need to bring the set top box to service centre for software update. Then only it will work. Some times you need to replace.

You can not see the english movie channels in sun direct, looks like the black and white video most of the sceen showing black shadow only.
As per my experience, If you not using the sun direct set top box for more than one month, then you need to bring the set top box to service centre for software update. Then only it will work. Some times you need to replace.
Kuch bhi? Lot's of people using SunDirect from long time we don't found any problem may be it's problem from past. And, he is asking about Channel available as it make sense or not.
Does it make sense for a north indian family to go for sun direct connection. I am currently living in Mysuru and my usage include all english entertainment and movies and maybe few hindi channels in case my wife craves for saas-bahu serials in future.
I have read that sun direct packages comes out to be cheaper than tata/airtel.
Suggestions are welcome.
Firstly, yes SunDirect is cheaper than buying any other DTH. Secondly, the addition of HD channels are even faster than Tata Play and ADTV combined.
Now, yes SD channel quality of very few channel is not good although they are sd they supposed to look like.
Whereas SunDirect has all major Eng & Hindi movie and GEC in HD so that's not an issue.
Being a cable TV user than moving to Tata Play and now landed on SunDirect I've experienced everything. From price to quality I've come across everything and found that we watch very few channel and wasted a lot in subscribing useless channel.

I believe that the quality of some SD channels in Sun Direct is not up to the mark (in HD boxes), because they have been using 2 different satellites for HD and (most) SD channels.

According to the following thread, Sun Direct is in the process of migrating all channels to a single satellite.

Once all of them are migrated, I guess that the quality of SD channels would significantly improve, as all users can then realign their dishes to focus on this one satellite.

As of now, the dishes for HD boxes are aligned in such a way that they are smack in the middle of the 2 satellites.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock