Registered MSOs for DAS areas goes up to 315 as I&B grants new licences

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
The Information & Broadcasting (I&B) Ministry is pulling up its socks to ensure that there is no delay in the complete digitisation of phase III areas, by December, 2015. In keeping with this, the Ministry has given six new permanent licences to multi system operators (MSOs) and 33 new provisional licences to those interested in setting up base in phase III areas.

With this, the total number of MSOs that have been given permanent registration for a period of 10 years stands at 222 as of 22 July, 2015. While those granted provisional licence has gone up to 93 taking the total number of registered MSOs to 315.

The MSOs that have been given permanent registration include: Tyagi Cable TV Network, ACN Cable, National Cable TV Nilgiris, Swamy Cable Network, Satellite Cable Communications and Air Media Network.
http://www.indiantelevision.com/regulators/i-and-b-ministry/registered-msos-for-das-areas-goes-up-to-315-as-ib-grants-new-licences-150727

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock