Breaking Reliance Big DTH to take FTA route under new management?

Bishnu15

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Is another free-to-air (FTA) DTH operator pawing to take off in India? If the statements made by the Pantel Technologies (the company that took over the ailing Reliance Big DTH) management in media releases are to be believed, then the answer is in the affirmative.
Yesterday, Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network and Pantel Technologies announced through a release on the Bombay Stock Exchange that the companies had arrived at an understanding to jointly create a bouquet of over 20 FTA channels comprising diverse genres, such as entertainment, kids, infotainment, mythological, and movies.
The release further stated that “the varied product offering will strengthen the business of Reliance Big TV (RBTV) and will give a leg up to the largest FTA network in India. FTA channels have shown an upsurge with all the leading broadcasters showing a keen interest in the FTA product offering.”
Pantel Technologies CMD Vijendra Singh was quoted in the release as saying: “Our main aim is to develop the entertainment appetite of the rural market and create an alternative India. With our coalition with Sab Group, we will bring together our technological proficiency and their content expertise thereby enabling us to provide good content for rural India, which is what we are committed to for their upliftment.”
Pantel had acquired the entire shareholding of RBTV with the business on an “as-is, where-is” basis. The transaction ensured that all 1.2 million customers of Big TV would continue to enjoy uninterrupted services, the company said in a statement. The deal also ensured continuity of employment for about 500 employees of RBTV.

Read more at: Reliance Big DTH to take FTA route under new management?

Yes @Bapun Raz bro agreed about what you said. But @Bapun Raz bro can they charge for carrying FTA Channels only! I doubt. Also what about the current pay channels they are carrying? Will they drop those ?

Sure Bishnu,they will keep on dropping channels which are expensive,slowly their set top box will not be required as open set top box will be finally recieving thier channels or they may go for iCAS SET top box like what Doordarshan is planning

There is audience for FTA channels along with low price.Same on line of Free Dish they are planning to take the FTA route.

Current Cashback is 20%.
With FTA, RDTV will provide 100% Cashback to all users. Rather, stop paying, you will keep getting FTA channels for lifetime. Now I wonder if I should have continued with RDTV, as a secondary DTH- if there is no monthly subscription charge. Looks like a far-fetched dream for now.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock