Breaking Reliance Digital TV to provide paid channels for free of cost upto 5 years | Pre-booking starts 1st Mar 2018

Amit1079

Contributor
Reaction score
Reliance Big TV to provide pay channels free of cost for one year
MUMBAI: In a bid to capture the direct to home (DTH) market, Reliance Big TV is set to launch a high definition (HD) HEVC set top box (STB) which will come loaded with a slew of offers.
Reliance Big TV is going to offer 500 free to air (FTA) channels and pay channels free of cost. The FTA channels will be free for five years while the pay channels will be free for one year.
Pre-booking will open from 10 am on 1 March for a limited period.
Interested customers will have to pay a booking amount of Rs 499 on Reliance Big TV website. On the receipt of STB and outdoor unit (ODU), buyers have to pay the balance amount of Rs 1500 and enjoy a plethora of pay channels absolutely free for 1 year including HD Channels and up to 500 FTA channels free of cost for 5 years.
To claim loyalty, subscribers need to recharge monthly amount of Rs. 300 from the second year onwards for all pay channels and on completion of subscription of pay channels continuously for next 2 years with Reliance Big TV subscribers will get back Rs. 1999 as a loyalty (the amounts paid during booking and receipt of the STB) in form of recharge.

Last edited:
So now dth company following mobile company 4g feature phone strategy :undecided:

Note: My comments are on the contents of the article only.

Reliance Big TV is going to offer 500 free to air (FTA) channels and pay channels free of cost.
I don't think it is free, after reading ahead.

Interested customers will have to pay a booking amount of Rs 499 on Reliance Big TV website.
Booking amount of Rs 499 will be adjusted after 3 years.

On the receipt of STB and outdoor unit (ODU), buyers have to pay the balance amount of Rs 1500 and enjoy a plethora of pay channels absolutely free for 1 year including HD Channels and up to 500 FTA channels free of cost for 5 years.
On getting STB and ODU, we have to pay Rs 1500 more? That totals to Rs 1999 now. Did I read "free" somewhere?
It is said this Rs 1999 will be refunded at the end of 3 years in the form of recharge vouchers, so we are again locked in to RDTV with Rs 1999 recharge vouchers, 3 years down the line.

To claim loyalty, subscribers need to recharge monthly amount of Rs. 300 from the second year onwards for all pay channels
This is just twisting of words- if we dont recharge, we are not loyal? Meaning we wont get FTA channels?

RDTV: You are starting pre-booking at 10:00 AM "tomorrow" and still havent given list of pay channels? Are we fools to fall into this trap?

Last edited:
any news about sun network channels..we have recharged about 2499 pack but they are not yet installed??

Note: My comments are on the contents of the article only.

I don't think it is free, after reading ahead.

Booking amount of Rs 499 will be adjusted after 3 years.

On getting STB and ODU, we have to pay Rs 1500 more? That totals to Rs 1999 now. Did I read "free" somewhere?
It is said this Rs 1999 will be refunded at the end of 3 years in the form of recharge vouchers, so we are again locked in to RDTV with Rs 1999 recharge vouchers, 3 years down the line.

This is just twisting of words- if we dont recharge, we are not loyal? Meaning we wont get FTA channels?

RDTV: You are starting pre-booking at 10:00 AM "tomorrow" and still havent given list of pay channels? Are we fools to fall into this trap?

Only 250 bro.1999 will be Refunded after 3years

home-banner5.jpg

Only 250 bro.1999 will be Refunded after 3years
Bro, For first year you have to pay Rs 1999 + Rs 250 = Rs 2249.
From second year onwards, you have to pay Rs 300 per month (i.e. Rs 7200 over a period of 24 months)
At this point when you complete 3 years and are dearer by Rs 9449 (1999 + 250 + 7200), you get back Rs 1999 in form of recharge vouchers which will only serve for 6 months of future recharge (Rs 300 x 6).

Not worth it I think.

Dear TATA-SKY:

Please wake up now!!! At least make Ala Carte price as per government rules!! If not, then be ready for the consequences!!

Bro, For first year you have to pay Rs 1999 + Rs 250 = Rs 2249.
From second year onwards, you have to pay Rs 300 per month (i.e. Rs 7200 over a period of 24 months)
At this point when you complete 3 years and are dearer by Rs 9449 (1999 + 250 + 7200), you get back Rs 1999 in form of recharge vouchers which will only serve for 6 months of future recharge (Rs 300 x 6).

Not worth it I think.

i believe we can expect somthing bigger than this from JIO as a counter offer once they start their DTH

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock