Reliance Digital TV’s subscriber base stuck at 5 mn

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Even as other direct-to-home (DTH) operators are aggressively adding subscribers every quarter, Reliance Communications’ DTH brand Reliance Digital TV is a study in contrast.

Reliance Digital TV has not seen any increase or fall in subscribers in the quarter ended 31 December 2016. The DTH operator’s subscriber base has remained stuck at 5 million for the fourth straight quarter.

In its quarterly result, Reliance Communications has said that Reliance Digital TV currently has about 5 million subscribers, with 6% share of the DTH market in India.

Dish TV had added 204,000 net subscribers in the fiscal third quarter while Airtel Digital TV had added 183,000 net subscribers. Videocon d2h had mopped up 0.25 million net subscribers in the quarter.

According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), the six private DTH operators had 94.61 million subscribers with 61.9 million active and 32.71 million inactive subscribers, as on 30 September.

Reliance Digital TV offers 294 channels in HD-like quality. It is available at nearly 36,000 outlets across numerous cities in the country.

As reported earlier, RCom is planning to hive off its DTH business to pare debt. The company is looking to sell its non-core assets as it seeks to bring down the debt-to-EBIDTA ratio from 4.64 to around 3 in the next 18–24 months. The other measures planned are selling stake in international operations at Reliance Globalcom and a divestment in its tower business Reliance Infratel.

Reliance Digital TV’s subscriber base stuck at 5 mn | TelevisionPost.com

Those 5 Million loyal customers of RDTV who were expecting something good from RDTV. :sp

hike said:
Those 5 Million loyal customers of RDTV who were expecting something good from RDTV. :sp
Doubt if they are really using RDTV. The STBs must be in their store rooms! :shy

Bapun Raz said:
Doubt if they are really using RDTV. The STBs must be in their store rooms! :shy
That's also true My STB is in Store Room. [emoji38]

I think RDTV will merge with either ADTV  at some point as Mr ambani lost interest in DTH and more focused on infra and defence sector :s

Sarkar said:
Mr ambani lost interest in DTH and more focused on infra and defence sector :s
I don't think so, this is Mr. Anil Ambani he's slow in every field. His decision were not so exact and fast like his elder brother Mukesh. :lol

But, he is Ambani so, don't know when he added what or he might add all HD channels by tomorrow or day after tomorrow.
And when he launched Coise 4K STB.

hike said:
I don't think so, this is Mr. Anil Ambani he's slow in every field. His decision were not so exact and fast like his elder brother Mukesh. :lol

But, he is Ambani so, don't know when he added what or he might add all HD channels by tomorrow or day after tomorrow.
And when he launched Coise 4K STB.

Then what does it mean ?  :huh

RCom is planning to hive off its DTH business to pare debt

reported in the news

BTW he is very quick in taking decision in defence sec. Just look at the number of Big contracts he got in last few months.

French aviation co Dassault Aviation inks JV with Reliance Defence - Moneycontrol.com
Reliance Defence, US Navy announce master ship repair agreement | Business Line
Reliance Defence to collaborate with UAE's Mubadala | Business Standard News
Reliance Defence to build 14 patrol ships for Coast Guard - Livemint

All these are within 2 months. So i don't think he is slow in taking decision

Sarkar said:
Then what does it mean ?  :huh
Oh! I was just kidding about having slow. But, they might be but selling it to another company? It is not suits him as I think 4K Services will come with blast soon.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock