Reliance Ind acquires DEN and Hathway network

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 88
  • Views: Views 24,319
RIL is planning big, airtel and void needs to acquire some cable network soon to expand wired network

Current system will destruct local cable operators. They can't survive and then cable tv firm will under the control of big companies.

Isn't it opposite ?

Earlier big mso got much better deal thanks to huge market share whereas small operator have to pay more for getting same channels but now small operator will also pay same money as large operator as broadcaster has fixed rates published on site.

Isn't it opposite ?

Earlier big mso got much better deal thanks to huge market share whereas small operator have to pay more for getting same channels but now small operator will also pay same money as large operator as broadcaster has fixed rates published on site.
Earlier local operators were able to give the complete channels within Rs.250 and that was their major weapon to survive against DTH. Now the rates are equal then people will go to the quality service provided by DTHs or Cable network run by corporates.
Do you think that the same money is increased or decreased after new rule?

Last edited:
Earlier local operators were able to give the complete channels within Rs.250 and that was their major weapon to survive against DTH. Now the rates are equal then people will go to the quality service provided by DTHs or Cable network run by corporates.
Do you think that the same money is increased or decreased after new rule?

Rate is still not equal in cable & DTH.

My LCO (DEN) is charging ₹200 for all Hindi GEC + all Hindi movies + all Hindi News + all infotainment + all hindi music + Major English entertainment, news & movies channels + SS1 Hindi + SS3 + ESPN + Sony Six + Sony Ten 1 + Sony Ten 3 + Hungama + Pogo + Sony Yay + Disney + Nick + CN.

Earlier he was charging ₹175 for all SD channels.
There's no option to select pack or channels, if anyone wants any additional channels then it'll be added for everyone & after everyone's feedback.
Don't know about regional channels.

Rate is still not equal in cable & DTH.

My LCO (DEN) is charging ₹200 for all Hindi GEC + all Hindi movies + all Hindi News + all infotainment + all hindi music + Major English entertainment, news & movies channels + SS1 Hindi + SS3 + ESPN + Sony Six + Sony Ten 1 + Sony Ten 3 + Hungama + Pogo + Sony Yay + Disney + Nick + CN.

Earlier he was charging ₹175 for all SD channels.
There's no option to select pack or channels, if anyone wants any additional channels then it'll be added for everyone & after everyone's feedback.
Don't know about regional channels.
It's good for you!

It's good for you!
I am using airtel.
I'll ask him what's the rent of HD, if it'll be also like SD then I'll shift to DEN & as Jio is having 78% stake in it so might get some benefits in future 😉😉.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock