Breaking Reliance planning an entry in sports broadcasting?

• Thread starter A4Akash
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 55
  • Views: Views 10,870

A4Akash

Contributor
Reaction score
Sources say that the groundwork is already underway with the group planning to recruit executives from rival broadcast networks...

The media industry has been abuzz about Reliance Industries venturing into sports broadcasting through Network18 Group and Reliance Jio. Their first big content acquisition bid is likely to be the all-important Indian Premier League (IPL) media rights auction, the process for which will reportedly start towards the end of 2021.

If sources are to be believed, the media group has begun the process of building its sports broadcasting team. exchange4media has learned that the conglomerate is looking to tap executives from rival broadcast networks.

Last edited:
They already have enough properties for now to launch an Sports channel. If they are planning to bid for IPL, then we may see Sports channel from Reliance in next 2-3 months. I don't think BCCI will give IPL rights to a newly launched channel or even a channel which is not launched.

They already have enough properties for now to launch an Sports channel. If they are planning to bid for IPL, then we may see Sports channel from Reliance in next 2-3 months. I don't think BCCI will give IPL rights to a newly launched channel or even a channel which is not launched.
If more money is given bcci will take and give anything

It is big boss Reliance group.if they wish, BCCI will give them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock