Breaking Reliance planning an entry in sports broadcasting?

• Thread starter A4Akash
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 55
  • Views: Views 10,871
No... As per my knowledge reliance bid was rejected not because they did not bid large amount. It was because they had no experience in sports broadcast. That is why in last 5 years viacom18 has pushed for so many cricket live event like nirdas or world safety cricket series or Maharashtra league and more
It was money during IPL auction. Last one they participated. You are repeating the Zee's story with BCCI here of more than a decade ago. There is no credibility to it now.

No... As per my knowledge reliance bid was rejected not because they did not bid large amount. It was because they had no experience in sports broadcast. That is why in last 5 years viacom18 has pushed for so many cricket live event like nirdas or world safety cricket series or Maharashtra league and more
Dude, pls do some research before saying something... FYR

Already Jio sponsors most IPL teams including MI, Reliance’s team. Now if Colors channels air it, it will be too much of Reliance in the IPL. Colors sponsors MI too. (But Colors Bangla sponsored KKR in the past.)
I don't think they'll put sports brand under Colors.
But there are chances if Viacom also is interested in sports.

Currently Reliance Jio Begging Live Sports Rights with Disney/Star and Reliance /Viacom too Got Huge Response for Broadcasting of Cricket Nidahas Trophy Compared to Previously they Aired Football League ISL

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock