Reliance-RTL JV to launch entertainment channel Thrill

• Thread starter Gagan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1
  • Views: Views 1,323

Gagan

Reaction score
Anil Ambani’s Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd (RBNL), which signed an equal joint venture with Luxembourg-based RTL Group SA, is set to launch its first action entertainment channel, Thrill, this quarter.

RTL is part of Europe’s largest media firm, Bertelsmann AG, and has a market cap of $15.5 billion (Rs 69,900 crore). The company operates 40 television channels and 33 radio stations across 10 countries in Europe.

“RTL will launch two channels with multi-lingual content. The entertainment landscape in India is fairly female skewed with extremely limited options for male audiences. Our decision to launch Thrill is fuelled by two things — one is the fact that there is no entertainment channel which brings the best of international programming dubbed in Hindi language. Second, action as an entertainment genre is largely restricted to movies but not yet exploited on entertainment channels,” said Tarun Katial, CEO, RBNL.
Thrill would be distributed across the tier-I and tier-II cities in the Hindi speaking markets in the country. The core viewers of the channel would be men in the age group of 15-44 years, who are action and adventure lovers.

The JV would also give RBNL access to RTL’s library of content produced by its group production house, FremantleMedia Ltd.

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/reliance-rtl-jv-to-launch-entertainment-channel-thrill/472975/

gagan bro so when this channel going to launch.

did they get permission from I&B Ministry till now???

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock