Repent Moving to D2H from TataSKY

probuddha

Reaction score
I had been a subscriber of TataSKY HD since the time it was launched and decided to move to D2H because of few HD channels and exorbitant pricing of the former. Just got a brand new connection for Videocon D2H HD today

Upon reviewing the picture quality of Videocon D2H HD, I am thoroughly disappointed to say the least. The picture quality is HORRIBLE, the picture is hazy and washed out, colour rendition is extremely poor, images appear ghost like and there is no sharpness at all. If HD channels are of so inferior quality, needless to say that the SD ones are even worse.

I don't know whether this is a problem with the installation, the HD box provided or if the quality of Videocon D2H is so inferior, but I am terribly disappointed with the picture quality of D2H

TataSKY's PQ was light years ahead than that of D2H.

Anyone else who moved to D2H HD from TS HD felt the same or is it just me? Do you think the technicians can fix this or did I just flush 3280 Rs down the drain?

Thanks

ya you are right videocon d2h PQ is not up to the mark ...but there are few things which could be done to improve PQ...

1)reduce sharpness to normal level
2)reduce all the extra effect like dynamic contrast , black tone , etc.

but it would not improte the PQ to a great extent..

I think you took a very bad decision .. if you want to watch HD channel then use Dish tru HD bcoz it has max hd ch + good PQ in hd ch ....if you want to watch SD channel then use local digital cable ...and in calcutta there are good MSO providers..

That is why I am not giving away the Dish and the STB of TS yet...just in case..lol

@ thread starter post some Snap from ur side

want to see horrible pic quality

I had also same experience when i installed d2h sd in 2010. my family members also didnt like d2h pic quality as they habituated with tata sky good quality pic. then i talk wid the distributor, they came to visit,changed stb thrice but issue nt solved. at last we all pleed to cc. each time they said 'pls hold I am doing soming' but all were the same. then cc suggest me to see d2h pic in another costomer's home nearby. there was also same prob, but d viewers r satisfied bcause the just shifted from cable to d2h. last of all cc admitted that d2h cant give tata sky quality pic. that was a long story. my satelite dvd is stil in service for my personal viewing.

But no problem here

I have both the dth if anyone wants pics of the hd channel, I will post from both dth.

Dear probuddha
i am using both service provider's i think d2h is ok not so much of a problem which you have listed.
I have a 40inch Full HD LED.
May be you should check on the settings of the TV and the STB.

i also moved from adtv to d2h i did notice some channels do not have good quality pic but still all hd channels are in good quality even some sd channels like axn & some music channels look great on d2h then adtv and most annoying thing of adtv is they provide fake dolby sound on hd channels but d2h audio quality is great real deal

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock