Replacing HDD in DVR Box

RajendraKP

Reaction score
My HD DVR Box, bought seven years ago for Rs 4,800, has got a defective hard disk. I tried to have the contents of the hard disk read by connecting it to my computer, but it is able to see the files, but not copy or open it.

Can I replace the hard disk? It is 3.5 inch 320 GB (I think) type.

RajendraKP said:
My HD DVR Box, bought seven years ago for Rs 4,800, has got a defective hard disk. I tried to have the contents of the hard disk read by connecting it to my computer, but it is able to see the files, but not copy or open it.

Can I replace the hard disk? It is 3.5 inch 320 GB (I think) type.

As the files on the drive are encrypted, you cannot do anything with the data stored on the dvr HDD

You need to Clone the contents of your existing DVR HDD to new HDD. Google Hard Disk Cloning software.

Drake said:
You need to Clone the contents of your existing DVR HDD to new HDD. Google Hard Disk Cloning software.

It may not be possible at the moment. His old  HDD seems already dead.
 If someone remembering the old *** forum, I started a thread to clone the HDD to expand the capacity upto 2 TB as at that time only 2 TB HDD was available.
If the cloning software can detect his old HDD ... Go ahead.
Other wise Borrow one HDD from one HD DVR user and clone using the cloning software. Lot of hassles you have to overcome :wall :wall

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock