Seeking Help Replacing Tata Sky STB with FTA STB

Reaction score
My Tata Sky recharge just expired.Since we do not spend much time watching TV, I thought if I simply remove TATA sky box and use FTA box without any change in reflector or LNB setting.Will it run FTA channels from INSAT-4A?

My Tata Sky recharge just expired.Since we do not spend much time watching TV, I thought if I simply remove TATA sky box and use FTA box without any change in reflector or LNB setting.Will it run FTA channels from INSAT-4A?
No. You can use your LNB and wiring but align your Dish to GSAT 15 which hosts the DD free dish channels.

There is absolutely no way you can watch any Tata Sky FTA channel. They too are encrypted.

No. You can use your LNB and wiring but align your Dish to GSAT 15 which hosts the DD free dish channels.

There is absolutely no way you can watch any Tata Sky FTA channel. They too are encrypted.
Actually, I saw this video on youtube,

Source

This is same satelite, that provides signal to Tata Sky i.e. Insat 4A 83Deg East.In the video,it is getting many fta channels.So I was wandering if anyone has tried to just replace the set top box and get those channels.

Actually, I saw this video on youtube,

Source

This is same satelite, that provides signal to Tata Sky i.e. Insat 4A 83Deg East.In the video,it is getting many fta channels.So I was wandering if anyone has tried to just replace the set top box and get those channels.
That video is about C band for INSAT 4A. You will have to change both your LNB and your dish to a C band specification thereby wiping all your cost savings.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock