Reply by Dish Tv on my mail regarding removal of 3 hd channels from base pack.

Mohitpunjabi

Reaction score
To : [email protected]
Cc : [email protected]
Bcc : [email protected] (dish tv nodal officer)

To
The CEO,
Dish Tv India.

Dear Sir,
I was both happy and upset when I bought DISH TRU HD+ with lifetime offer of HD ROYALE PACK. I was happy because Dish tv had the most number of true hd channels but was upset because I was going to miss on Star Sports HD channels, that was ok. But to my surprise on 1st April,2014 Dish tv pulled off the plug from 3 true hd channels i.e Colors HD, History Tv HD, CNBC PRIME HD. I had paid for these three HD channels when I subscribed to Dish, but now I am asked to pay Rs.215/-per month to subscribe these channels on a-la-carte basis. I WANT THESE CHANNELS BACK IN MY BASE PACK SOON.

I know that Dish Tv reserves the right to remove or replace the channels as per Dish Tv's T&C. But when entering into a contract even I as a customer was promised by Dish Tv that I will get 25 true hd channels for 5years. But Dish Tv has now removed these 3 true hd channels & replaced it with Dish box office, Discovery Science, & ET Now. I know that these are not
true hd channels. These are just an upscaled feed of the sd channels. So now I am only left with 22 true hd channels.

Should I not call it a fraud from Dish Tv, by charging customers for 25 true hd channels and providing only 22, and then asking to pay Rs.215/- per month for the rest of the 3 channels.

If Dish Tv would have replaced it with some true hd channels, it would have been bearable, but replacing it with some unwanted sd feed is pathetic. This shows that there is some serious problem with Dish Tv's management.

As per Dish Tv, due to increase in input cost, these channels have been removed from the base pack and has been added as a-la-carte. But I don't understand how come no other DTH brand is facing these increase in input cost. All other DTH brands have all these three hd channels + Star sports 2 + Star Sports 1HD + Star Sports 2 HD in the base pack.

How come by not adding so many important HD channels in the base pack, Dish Tv is facing an increase in input cost ?

I as any other stakeholder in the company deserves a right to get an appropriate reply by the Dish Tv's CEO to my question.
If I don't receive an appropriate reply from Dish Tv's CEO, I with many other affected Dish Tv customers will be forced to take a legal action against Dish Tv.

More feedback -
1) The customer care team is pathetic.
2)The remote control provided is not well designed.
3)There is no watch one record other function. Recording is limited to one channel.
4)The UI is outdated.
5)Set-Top box startup is too slow (75-90 sec) sometimes even more.

Even after sacrificing on so many things, now we even have to sacrifice on removal of channels.
This is pure cheating from Dish Tv.

Provide these channels in by base pack back soon.

Thanking you,
Mohit Punjabi.

Dish Tv's senseless reply-

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you for writing to DISHTV.

Regret for the inconvenience caused and apologies for the problem faced by you.

We would like to inform you that as per telephonic conversation with Mr. Shishir Gupta on contact number 8860483161, It has been informed 3 New HD services i.e. Dish Box Office wherein you can enjoy premium Bollywood blockbuster movies, ET Now and Discovery Science have been added to your pack in lieu of Colors HD,CNBC TV 18 Prime HD and History TV HD.

In case if you still want to view these channels, you can order them as a-la-carte

Moreover, as per company norms there is no refund policy.

In case of any concerns please write to us or call us, we would be glad to be of assistance.

We value your association and assure you of our commitment to serve you with a smile.

Regards,
Pankaj Kaushik
Customer service
DISHTV

I think its high time now...we should unite and file a case against dish tv in trai. Whats your say guys ?
Shouldnt we unite and with the help of this forum members teach dish tv a lesson.

Post your valuable comments below.

Do spend your important 5 min to get the channels back.

RE: My mail to Dish Tv regarding removal of 3 hd channels from base pack.

nice.
Send mail today.

Good question to dish tv but they will send standard replay. I dont remember that site but according to a survey, only 5% user are satisfy by solution provided by customer care or service centre of all all service providers. According to that indian company only focus in adding new customer but not provide satisfactory solution after sales[applicable for mobile handset, mobile operator, dth operator, and other telecommunication]

SUNIEL said:
Good question to dish tv but they will send standard replay. I dont remember that site but according to a survey, only 5% user are satisfy by solution provided by customer care or service centre of all all service providers. According to that indian company only focus in adding new customer but not provide satisfactory solution after sales[applicable for mobile handset, mobile operator, dth operator, and other telecommunication]

I think its DNA's survey i see this show on Zee News.

@ankur 8711...
I have already sent this mail to dish.
Now its you and every1 affected with this issue to forward the same.
Do note I hv even forwarded the same to trai.

@Suniel
If we all unite..I think dish tv will have to gv a genuine reply. So guys buck up and mail dish tv and trai.

Done My Friend (emailed CC).

They are not going to listen. This guys are not adding star sports hd channel from so many years and how they would change their mind for this. Best way is to complain to trai

@Anish
Can you please post your email here.
Do add trai in the CC or Bcc.

I hv even posted the same on their Facebook page.
Welcome to Facebook

Mohitpunjabi said:
@Anish
Can you please post your email here.
Do add trai in the CC or Bcc.

I hv even posted the same on their Facebook page.
Welcome to Facebook
My email pasted,below. Sorry I did not add them.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Subject: Addition of HD Channels - April Fool
To: customercare <[email protected]>

Dear Customer Care

Please take immediate action to bring back True HD Channels (Colors HD and History HD) removed from my base pack. Or else add Star Sports HD channels to the base pack.

Also update on the long pending request for adding Reporter TV Malayalam News channel before this election.

My Dish HD connection VC no. is .

Important Note: Strictly avoid replying by copy paste emails, to avoid waste of time. Remove up scaled channels from HD slots and stop fooling yourselves. You are pathetic.

With regards

Anish Moideen

Hey good one...I request you forward the same to trai.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock