Republic TV, Fakt Marathi and Box Cinema paid households to manipulate TRPs: Mumbai Police

Going by youtube live stream viewers, republic is always on top.

Right now (Saturday 3:25 am),
Republic: 787 viewing
Ndtv 24x7: 208 viewing
CNN News18: 80 viewing

India today and times now not streaming on youtube. They clearly don't want to expose their low viewership i guess :lol:

Last edited:
...(Republic TV) representative of what the Indian public prefers to watch.

...why NDTV rarely ever shows in the top 5 English news channels.

Again, you are referring to ratings which are allegedly rigged - topic of this thread.

Assuming those ratings are true, for some strange reason, this forum seems to have completely opposite views to that of the Indian public - Amidst the Corona Virus, outbreak, which is the best English Indian news channel coverage according to you? . To be honest, i'm curious to know why. Anyone have any reasons why that might be other than an extremely small sample size.

Article about this issue in today’s TOI newspaper:-
VRa4HJk.jpg

8m271B8.jpg

Again, you are referring to ratings which are allegedly rigged - topic of this thread.

Yes, I hope the truth comes out and steps are taken to prevent this exact situation from happening. Many years ago, the Nielsen TAM ratings got into a similar scandal for TRP manipulation and ended up having to shut shop.

Anyone have any reasons why that might be other than an extremely small sample size.

This forum is probably demographically younger and more educated. The two things I can think of off the top of my head are that (1) Republic TV is free-to-air and (2) the general public and the elderly, who may or may not be educated, are drawn to sensationalized right-leaning opinions. The latter is the case in the US, where Fox News is the leading news channel. For many weeks, they discarded coronavirus as a liberal hoax, but ended up having to change their tune after they could misinform no longer. However, they continue to downplay the necessity of wearing masks and, for many years now, even deny the existence of climate change as a man-made threat.

Last edited:
Going by youtube live stream viewers, republic is always on top.

Right now (Saturday 3:25 am),
Republic: 787 viewing
Ndtv 24x7: 208 viewing
CNN News18: 80 viewing

India today and times now not streaming on youtube. They clearly don't want to expose their low viewership i guess :lol:
This is called half baked research. Dunno who would prefer watching tv at such early hours. High difference in audience raises more suspicions at early hours. News streaming demographic is more young liberal audiences who prefers NDTV anyday over Republic.

India Today live streams news. Second Times Now is exclusively available on Times Internet apps. They know how to do business. They earn money from ads via their own app not YouTube.

Why is that? To me, it's representative of what the Indian public prefers to watch—loud, one-sided debates over objective journalism and rational discussion. Also, there seems to have been a political shift toward the right in recent years, and that aligns perfectly with what Republic TV caters to and why NDTV rarely ever shows in the top 5 English news channels.
Because this is not America. English speaking audience prefers more balanced and rational news. Despite of their political beliefs. I am centrist myself. My family is full of both extreme right and centre-left leaning views. None prefer watching Republic TV. And don't even compare credible organization like Fox News with Republic. Republic is only comparable to likes of North Korean State Media.

Truly, DD leads the way by not only having DD News HD but also launching DD India HD last week. Many other broadcasters do not even care about 16:9 let alone HD. I think NDTV is the very worst as it still shows grainy 480p in this day and age, despite advertising Shot With Galaxy S20 Ultra.

However, I think this is the only bad thing I can say about NDTV, as it is not partisan like Republic and Times Now.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock