Review of my new Airtel DTH HD connection, comparing with D2h which I used earlier

thilalangadi

Reaction score
Hi Frnds,

Myself migrated to Airtel DTH HD+ box this new year, earlier I was using D2h, since wanted to upgrade to HD and had inputs/suggestions that Airtel is better in HD than Videocon, moved to Airtel ( I bought 46" LED Sony and even the Sony service engr told anything above 42" only go with TS or Airtel, not with others)

My review feedback (in comparison with D2h which I used earlier) as below

1. PQ /Clarity - HD channels are better, but SD channels appear dull, D2h used to be crisp sharper better PQ in SD quality
2. channel position - not user friendly, as channel arrangement ordering not sequential.D2h had a good line up
3. Remote - works fine, buttons are tight, not smooth
4. EPG - My opinion D2h had a better lay-out,catogorizing channels, airtel its poor (one eg: here channels appear as clubbed 'regional', while D2h had segregation like 'tamil'.hindi','telugu','Oriya etc
5.Setting Favourite channel - Airtel let me down here, no option of setting favourites with our own channel number, while D2h is flexible offers 4lists of 20 channels each, the beauty is we can set our own channel number from 1 to 80, for example if they provide "Times Now" at 302, we can set it as channel no:5 or so. This feature helps when we remember easy and switch to that particular channel, instead of browsing menu/etc each time

Overall, features/expectationwise, I feel D2h is better, Airtel was a overall disappointment for me. This feedback is from my own experience with both

I will upload few snaps in my next posting in a day or 2. Thanks !

1. PQ /Clarity - HD channels are better, but SD channels appear dull, D2h used to be crisp sharper better PQ in SD quality
this is new :huh ,call technician to rearrange your setup. :)

2. channel position - not user friendly, as channel arrangement ordering not sequential.D2h had a good line up

we can not compare two operator for channel arrangement,other than isai aruvi and two Punjabi channels airtel looks good.i too feel videocon Tamil channels lineup because fortunately i search 491 for Tamil channels but d2h not giving for me. ;)

Remote is excellent compare to d2h,i am not accept this :angry

4. EPG - My opinion D2h had a better lay-out,catogorizing channels, airtel its poor (one eg: here channels appear as clubbed 'regional', while D2h had segregation like 'tamil'.hindi','telugu','Oriya etc

this is one way of clubbing,it is all your thoughts only.one may like one may not. :c

5.Setting Favourite channel - Airtel let me down here, no option of setting favourites with our own channel number, while D2h is flexible offers 4lists of 20 channels each, the beauty is we can set our own channel number from 1 to 80, for example if they provide "Times Now" at 302, we can set it as channel no:5 or so. This feature helps when we remember easy and switch to that particular channel, instead of browsing menu/etc each time

yes,setting favorite is good id d2h :clap,in airtel you can set 4 favorite sets,each consist 15 channels. :tup

Overall, features/expectationwise, I feel D2h is better :wall, Airtel was a overall disappointment for me. :'( This feedback is from my own experience with both :skd

I will upload few snaps in my next posting in a day or 2. Thanks ! :luv

thilalangadi said:
Hi Frnds,

Myself migrated to Airtel DTH HD+ box this new year, earlier I was using D2h, since wanted to upgrade to HD and had inputs/suggestions that Airtel is better in HD than Videocon, moved to Airtel ( I bought 46" LED Sony and even the Sony service engr told anything above 42" only go with TS or Airtel, not with others)

My review feedback (in comparison with D2h which I used earlier) as below

Overall, features/expectationwise, I feel D2h is better, Airtel was a overall disappointment for me. This feedback is from my own experience with both

I will upload few snaps in my next posting in a day or 2. Thanks !

Brother All Things That You Are Saying Are Opposite We Aspect In D2H But Not Aspect In Airtel And About Remote Airtel Remote Is Excillient

d2h is best among all dth in INDIA very good packages and prices PQ of sd HD acceptable not bad

thilalangadi said:
Sony 46" LED, model 46W700A

airtel never enrich(tatasky,videocon) the actual color schemes,they provide the actual only.follow the below settings:

Backlight : 4
bright : 54
color : 35
sharpness : 20
video : vivid

this is strange to here,airtel not suited for 46" Sony,they are good pair brother. :tup

I will try as suggested, n update u,if its better.

Infact I went by suggestion of Sony service engr only (he said for 46"
LED or above ONLY airtel or TS works fine in HD, rest dth to be ignored...:huh)

people said:
airtel never enrich(tatasky,videocon) the actual color schemes,they provide the actual only.follow the below settings:

this is strange to here,airtel not suited for 46" Sony,they are good pair brother. :tup

people said:

People Brother, Can you please suggest the Settings for my TV also. I am using 32 inch Samsung series -5. I have an HD STB of airtel.....

thilalangadi said:
Hi Frnds,

'thilalangadi' bro in airtel categorizing channels is available.It is available for Software Version 500 and 501 users.Airtel too separtes regional channels such as Punjabi,Telugu,Tamil,Marathi etc.

Will post the snaps in my next post

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock