RS 232 cable

• Thread starter Johny
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 26
  • Views: Views 3,875
finally com error gone, now sync timed out and sync failed errors.. any idea what may be the reason ?

the error was due to the soldering issues.. now recovered the receiver but now the issue is it is not detecting the cable connection. normally if we are connecting a cable to a receiver the Signal Intensity option will show 60-70approx, here it is not showing any..showing blank..

anybody have any idea - how can overcome this issue. ?

below are the screen shots while recovery and after recovery... happy till this ..

courtesy : - rishithulyan and sky

Nl3JVjv.jpg

oh6gHJI.jpg

jC1JjlS.jpg

jFrckYy.jpg

ZhzoZlK.jpg

Kx9mmzE.jpg

Last edited:
First of all, Congratulations!!!!. Your self motivated efforts starting from RS232 - USB - COM errors and the success must be giving you goosebumps! Awesome!

Is the firmware - a compatible or the original?
When I had flashed my 6041 pro with all possible firmware, software will fail to detect the tuner and signal.
The cable connected to the receiver has signal in other receivers?
Did you check if the core/plus of the cable in F connector is not bent at receiver? Just in the excitement of getting rhe receiver back to life you might be dancing and connecting the cable! ? :) [question is serious, but comment after question is just fun]

Regards,
Kiran

@ Kind1983 - you can imagine how much i was excited at that moment.. i was behind this for a long time.. i purchased the RS 232 male to usb cable from Amazone.ae it took 10days approx to reach me. then i have one DB9 female - female which i purchased earlier..its connections was wrong, my third soldering iron only given me time to solder to correct poles.

I was guided by Rishithulyan step by step.. about chip supporting softwares etc.. chip set was Montage brand.. then the search was for a loader which supports montage.. got from google.. soft was provided by Sky in this forum.. seems to be ok, but the loaders which he provided are not compatible for this chip.

i tried with some other technosat models firmware, ibox firmware for compatibilty ..all those cases upgrade was returned.. this flash really awaken by receiver from sleep.. when i saw the ON display in my receiver i was extremely happy.. but not detecting signal...

i have tried with other receivers with the same cable connection - they are working without any issues..

Technosat site is currently under repair ..so not able to get anything from it.. other sites doesn't have the soft of this model..

still searching every day for the same...without any success...

Last edited:
A new receiver here is costing only AED 50 whereas the expenses for me to recover my dead receiver is more than that..

The happiness which is giving by these tricks will be more than the expenses.. for quite long time i was not in any such activities.. but now i can't sit idle..every time searching for new software for this receiver...

the issue is as per the attached picture.. no signal level for cable connection
SaT6hzT.png

tried that way also.. same result..

was out of order for 2 months approx.. it is opened to check the chip brand.. didn't check any solderings.. will check on that too. ..as per google one issue may be because of old firmware. being an old model can't find any latest firmware... still trying for that ...thanks knd1983 for your advise.. every advise is valuable for me..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock