Rs 900 for a ticket! Will surged prices affect Salman Khan’s Sultan?

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Salman Khan ‘s Sultan is all set to hit the cinemas tomorrow and everyone is geared up one of the biggest releases of the year. The film will release in more than 4800 screens (which is a new record in itself) tomorrow due to which the film will enjoy a five day weekend. However, while booking a ticket I saw something that left me awestruck.

Sultan ‘s tickets have been priced exorbitantly at many multiplexes across India. For example, a VIP/Gold Class ticket has been priced at Rs 900 at Cinepolis (Thane, Mumbai) and PVR Icon (Andheri, Mumbai). On a regular day, we see a Rs 400 ticket even during the night show, but for Sultan you might have to pay Rs 900. But that’s not it. If you live in Delhi and want to see the film at PVR Director’s Cut, you will have to pay as much as Rs 1800 for a VIP ticket. That’s more than what we pay for a buffet dinner at a fancy place.

When we asked trade expert and Editor of Super Cinema, Amul Mohan if the exorbitant ticket prices would hamper Sultan or not, he said, “No, that’s never going to happen. Now-a-days, it is a norm for the multiplexes to hike the prices (during the release of such a big film). They want to cash in on these big films, so that’s why you see these crazy big numbers. It is not something that would affect a movie. If a person is waiting to see a movie since a very long time, they would probably want to spend Rs 1000 on a ticket for a Salman Khan film, rather than a smaller film. Smaller films don’t have a big price tag. It is become a norm now. I personally feel that ticket pricing should be standardised. A Sairat made Rs 100 crores with tickets worth just Rs 100. Had they hiked their prices, sky would be the limit for them.”

Exhibitor and distributor, Akshaye Rathi had a slightly different take to this. He said, “It (This exorbitant pricing) is not for milking the audience but for maximising the profit before piracy kicks in. Rs 900 per ticket plus popcorn, coke and conveyance is too much to spend for a few people. But having said that, the people who want to see the film, will watch it.”

Rs 900 for a ticket! Will surged prices affect Salman Khan's Sultan? - Bollywood News & Gossip, Movie Reviews, Trailers & Videos at Bo...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock