RTL & CBS to launch 2 channels accross Asia

shawl_who

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: The newly formed joint venture between RTL Group and CBS Studios International (CBSSI), RTL CBS Asia Entertainment Network has a new leader in Jonas Engwall as CEO.Engwall will be based in Singapore and report to the new company's board of directors.

RTL Group executive VP of regional operations and business development for CEE and Asia Andreas Rudas and executive VP of international channels at CBSSI Reed Manville said in a joint statement: “We are delighted to announce the appointment of Jonas Engwall as CEO of our new Asian venture. Jonas has vast experience in international broadcasting, and a passion for television. He has been with RTL Group for many years and was instrumental in launching its first channel in India, BIG RTL Thrill. As head of the new venture, Jonas will lead a strong team which brings together the best of two global TV giants RTL Group and CBS.”

Engwall said: “This is an unprecedented partnership between two leading global broadcasters in a region with huge growth potential. Together with my team, I look forward to launching our two first channels, RTL CBS Entertainment HD and RTL CBS Extreme HD, across Asia. Our new channels will offer world-renowned content including exclusive first runs of some of Asia’s favourite reality programmes America’s Got Talent, Fear Factor and The X Factor USA; dramas Under The Dome, Elementary and Beauty and the Beast and daily shows Entertainment Tonight and Late Show with David Letterman. I am very confident that these programmes will prove extremely popular across our footprint and represent a highly valuable proposition for all our partners. We have already had very positive feedback from all premier platform owners in the region.”

Indian Television Dot Com > News Headline > RTL CBS Asia Entertainment Network gets Jonas Engwall as CEO

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock