SAB biz head Anooj Kapoor quits, to pursue independent ventures

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) will be losing the man who has been championing the growth of SAB, its popular family comedy entertainment channel.

SAB business head Anooj Kapoor has decided to move on to pursue independent ventures. His last working day at SPNI will be tomorrow.

Said SPNI CEO NP Singh, “Anooj has played a key role in the curation of SAB as a family humour channel. His contribution has been instrumental in creating a strong viewer base for SAB. As he moves on to embrace a new future, I wish him the best in all his endeavours.”

Kapoor has been associated with SAB TV since 2007. During his tenure, he launched several hit shows such as ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’, ‘F.I.R.’, ‘Balveer’, ‘Lapataganj’, ‘Left Right Left’ and ‘Chidiya Ghar’.

Commented Kapoor, “My best memories have been shaped at SPNI. As I move on to pursue other dreams, I thank my team at SAB for being one of the best teams anyone can get to work with.”

Kapoor did an MBA (1989–91) in marketing from SP Jain Institute of Management & Research. He also has an MA in English from Punjab University. Before joining SAB TV, he was with UTV Television as head of its comedy cell in 2004. Starting his career as a copywriter with Lintas, he also wrote and directed several sitcoms. His first sitcom was ‘Chonch Ladi Re Chonch’. He later piloted ‘Shararat’, the magic comedy on Star Plus.

SAB biz head Anooj Kapoor quits, to pursue independent ventures | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock