(SABGROUP), launching "4 new regional channel"

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 4,898
Thanks Thakur bro.wait for punjabi channel running punjabi serial,punjabi movie.thanks bro please more update regarding punjabi new channel

ssjambla said:
Wow punjabi channel... :). Chkk de phatte

May be

Tak Dhina Din - Punjabi
Mouja Masti - Bengali
Se7en - North East(Assamese)

Just my Guess let's see when they start regular transmission and launch these channels :tup

Shri Adhikari Brothers (SAB) group CEO Manav Dhanda sees no threat to music channel Mastii’s revenue and audience growth amid new channel launches in the genre.

Dhanda’s confidence stems from the fact that youth and music categories are perceived as one by the advertisers. So, ad expenditure on music channels is increasing.

With Viacom18 launching MTV Beats and Star India repositioning Channel V, competition no doubt is growing for existing pure play music channels like Sony Mix, Mastii and 9XM.

But Dhanda says that there is no perceived challenge from a competition perspective and Mastii’s revenue is increasing year-on-year.

“Our inventory is overflowing. Revenue is growing exponentially for the last eight quarters, and we are sure to continue seeing growth,” the group CEO avers.

Clutter and commodisation in the Hindi music genre remain as challenges but Mastii’s performance has been consistent. The music channel from TV Vision Ltd has been a market leader for a while now.

Quoting BARC data, Dhanda says that the channel has fallen from its top position only four times in 2016, and never for two weeks in a row.

Speaking on the change in market scenario with the introduction of MTV Beats and Channel V, Dhanda states, “I think music in the youth category is a highly competitive category.

There are about 19–20 players in this category. So, first Channel V was trying with original content; now they are trying with music, and they might try something else tomorrow. Because advertisers look at music and youth category as one, so Channel V per se has made no impact. But obviously, we will keep a track.”

For Mastii the challenge comes from the product perspective and in the form of understanding their consumer better. “Today I think when we are at 23 and 24 rating benchmark and the No. 2 channel is at 14–18 rating benchmark. Hence, the challenge we set ourselves is to lead in every demographic, every segment and every genre of the film market,” avers Dhanda.

Read more at: SAB group CEO sees no threat to Mastii’s revenue growth amid new launches | TelevisionPost.com | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock