Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Viacom18 is letting loose rights of many movies, Zee or others r picking up on it. Shemaroo content was mainstay on Colors Cineplex but now again it is moving to Star/Disney. Even Tips Films will move out and most likely reside with Zee.

Also if Sony takes over Network18 barring its news division then some more home production films will come over to Sony Network. Maybe they will make Colors Cineplex a bollywood centric channel. This takeover will usher changes in other genres too, Gossip Girl premiere halted on AXN most probably means that it might find way on Colors Infinity while AXN would continue with action oriented content or rebrand into a new avatar.
After the announcement of YRF Star deal everyday at least one YRF film is shown in any of the Three movie channels that Sony has. So this proves that they are getting a wake up call. Plus Wah is trying out one day Bollywood one day south concept, Max has started giving Bollywood airtime after rebrand and Tseries films are finally getting airtime. Malaal has been aired 4 times, in the last 2 months since premiere as a matinee special, Setters too has aired various times. Even Game Over has 3 airings till date. So sony is trying to mend ways slowly.

Well firstly Sony - YRF partnership was more of a cordial bonding than just focusing on money part. YRF did not sign exclusive deal with them since beginning but always gave Sony rights of its movies bcoz of goodwill, had YRF been solely money minded then they had many options to do so. Since last 8 or 10 years Sony started reducing airtime for YRF films, in an age of maintaining visual presence this surely bound to reduce brand recall among people. Let alone this even good YRF films wear hardy shown except in watershed hrs.

Sony has sufficient funds to buy rights and by the way bollywood movies still get huge ad revenue but as it seems Sony took it way too easy thinking that some banners will stay with them. Not only YRF i m sensing T Series also moving out alongwith some others. Sony will surely wake up now, yesterday Akshay Kumar made a joke in Kapil Show about Sony not having anything except Sooryavansham so if i read between lines soon Sony will come up with new line up of Akshay films thanks to new agreement with Firoz Nadiadwala and post that Kapil will give interesting response to Akshay during show.

All in all right now Disney is in full swing, they r going all out to acquire bollywood rights. Star has anyways been fair to bollywood audience but somehow Zee had numero uno position in this segment for longest time, now it will be head to head fight. Sony should understand that bollywood channel is not a failed bet infact look how well Max2 is doing or how Star is managing to perform great even with higher priority to bollywood content
I think Khiladi series (The Keshu Ramsay ones) will move to Sony. These films are currently airing on Star

I think Khiladi series (The Keshu Ramsay ones) will move to Sony. These films are currently airing on Star
My guess can come right since Khiladi series films are reportedly airing a lot on Star
Mr and Mrs Khiladi - airing twice today
International Khiladi - Frequently aired on Star Utsav Movies
Sabse Bada Khiladi , Khiladi 420 - Not aired for a long time
Khiladiyon ka Khiladi - Again not aired after November

My guess can come right since Khiladi series films are reportedly airing a lot on Star
Mr and Mrs Khiladi - airing twice today
International Khiladi - Frequently aired on Star Utsav Movies
Sabse Bada Khiladi , Khiladi 420 - Not aired for a long time
Khiladiyon ka Khiladi - Again not aired after November

Well Star has had limited stock of movies for quite a long time hence too much repetition been a norm, cannot interpret it as indication of losing rights of these movies. Saying so i believe Vashu Bhagnani (Puja Films) might move to Zee as their partnership has been going strong over last few years

Well Star has had limited stock of movies for quite a long time hence too much repetition been a norm, cannot interpret it as indication of losing rights of these movies. Saying so i believe Vashu Bhagnani (Puja Films) might move to Zee as their partnership has been going strong over last few years
Limited stock not really. Those mentioned Akshay movies are Goldmines films that's why I thought they will move to Sony. They have a huge comedy library better than other networks. Zee has mostly family library while Sony has more of action based movies. That's why

Limited stock not really. Those mentioned Akshay movies are Goldmines films that's why I thought they will move to Sony. They have a huge comedy library better than other networks. Zee has mostly family library while Sony has more of action based movies. That's why

Well bhai if u notice at present all the hindi movie chs of Star Network quite frequently telecast same set of numbered movies on alternate days. As i said they have been far behind in acquiring more films for a long time but thankfully now things r set to totally change, from 2020 they will have biggest n best library of films.

Goldmines too now has content agreement with Star India so one cannot be sure if Khiladi series will move to other network anytime soon. If at all i think later on Akshay might soon himself acquire his movie rights and sell it to Zee which has shown keen interest in his films since 2012 or 13.

Well bhai if u notice at present all the hindi movie chs of Star Network quite frequently telecast same set of numbered movies on alternate days. As i said they have been far behind in acquiring more films for a long time but thankfully now things r set to totally change, from 2020 they will have biggest n best library of films.

Goldmines too now has content agreement with Star India so one cannot be sure if Khiladi series will move to other network anytime soon. If at all i think later on Akshay might soon himself acquire his movie rights and sell it to Zee which has shown keen interest in his films since 2012 or 13.
Khiladi series looks good on Star. If Khiladi and Main Khiladi Tu Anari (venus) and Khiladi 786 soon shifting to Zee (Eros-Viacom)

Khiladi series looks good on Star. If Khiladi and Main Khiladi Tu Anari (venus) and Khiladi 786 soon shifting to Zee (Eros-Viacom)

Star india has bad strategy of completely cutting out all songs from certain movies . This really irks me a lot. Zee too does it but only on rare instances. All 3 major broadcasters though chop off parts of random scenes. All this is done to reduce running time of films with ads . Total spoil sport and it really takes away the enjoyment quotient

Star india has bad strategy of completely cutting out all songs from certain movies . This really irks me a lot. Zee too does it but only on rare instances. All 3 major broadcasters though chop off parts of random scenes. All this is done to reduce running time of films with ads . Total spoil sport and it really takes away the enjoyment quotient
When the film is new Star doesn't do it. Sony too during premiere and prime time films don't do that. While I had a experience with scenes and songs cutting on Zee

The Keshu Ramsay Khiladi movies rights are like almost a decade with Star. That was the first Bollywood series to go to Star after Goldmines-Zee fight

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock