Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

The showed it way too much after premiering. Killing the satellite appeal.
Sorry. Then I should have taken another movie. But this is the fate of many movies acquired by Viacom18.
As per this website it is shown only once a month on Colors Cineplex. Andhadhun (2018) (Hindi Movie)

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at even Sony or Zee they r not doing exceedingly well despite having big southern films and Star is quite close or ahead of either of them
You have said that Zee has the best movie library and allocation system of movies to channels. Now you are contradicting yourself. You (or someone) have also said that Star goes for only a few big-name blockbusters but is lagging otherwise. I do not understand you. :huh:

Sorry. Then I should have taken another movie. But this is the fate of many movies acquired by Viacom18.
As per this website it is shown only once a month on Colors Cineplex. Andhadhun (2018) (Hindi Movie)
I said after premiering. Same thing happened to Padmaavat.

The showed it way too much after premiering. Killing the satellite appeal.

These kind of films do not work on TV which is why i always point out that Star India is misjudging TV audience taste by relying too much on them. Zee is far better in maintaining balance among all kinds of cinema. Look how Stree, Badhaai Ho, Sanju Luka Chuppi have not done well barring first premiere which is more of a hype generated rating. On other side look at Total Dhamaal.. It is a superhit on TV.

Broadcasters need to consider the fact that smaller towns or villages hardly have cinema halls and those having r expensive.... Unfortunately single screen halls have shut down in most places thus large no. of people cannot watch films in theaters and TV becomes the leading medium for movie consumption.

This barometer of seeing movies as successful or flop by revenue earned from cinema halls is not full proof. Multiplex Cinema will not work on TV, Mass Appealing may or may not work in theatres but r hit on TV while many films which do not create buzz owing to lesser known faces or promotions tend to again prove winner on TV... For example - Ramaiya Vastavaiya, Tarzan - The Wonder Car,etc

These kind of films do not work on TV which is why i always point out that Star India is misjudging TV audience taste by relying too much on them. Zee is far better in maintaining balance among all kinds of cinema. Look how Stree, Badhaai Ho, Sanju Luka Chuppi have not done well barring first premiere which is more of a hype generated rating. On other side look at Total Dhamaal.. It is a superhit on TV.

Broadcasters need to consider the fact that smaller towns or villages hardly have cinema halls and those having r expensive.... Unfortunately single screen halls have shut down in most places thus large no. of people cannot watch films in theaters and TV becomes the leading medium for movie consumption.

This barometer of seeing movies as successful or flop by revenue earned from cinema halls is not full proof. Multiplex Cinema will not work on TV, Mass Appealing may or may not work in theatres but r hit on TV while many films which do not create buzz owing to lesser known faces or promotions tend to again prove winner on TV... For example - Ramaiya Vastavaiya, Tarzan - The Wonder Car,etc
I agree tv audience has poor taste. Tarzan the wonder car is a pathetic movie.

You have said that Zee has the best movie library and allocation system of movies to channels. Now you are contradicting yourself. You (or someone) have also said that Star goes for only a few big-name blockbusters but is lagging otherwise. I do not understand you. :huh:

U r getting unnecessarily confused by mixing up facts. Zee is no doubt best in acquiring content and catering to all types of audiences. I never said Zee Cinema is not doing well, all i said was Star India is giving it tough competition to them even though it gives more focus on bollywood films. Here i was just comparing content on Zee Cinema and Star Gold.

Zee surely has more diverse variety of movies than Star India but dubbed cinema is not proving to be a major advantage which they thought would be the case when they had a face lift for Zee Cinema few years back

I agree tv audience has poor taste. Tarzan the wonder car is a pathetic movie.

For me it is a nice movie. With population of 1.35 crore preferences vary and should be respected. I for example tend to enjoy all kinds of cinema but will not criticise someone if he or she dislikes offbeat or masala films. After all channels have to take care of likes of all audience hence everything cannot suit our tastes

For me it is a nice movie. With population of 1.35 crore preferences vary and should be respected. I for example tend to enjoy all kinds of cinema but will not criticise someone if he or she dislikes offbeat or masala films. After all channels have to take care of likes of all audience hence everything cannot suit our tastes
Some facts Taarzan got popular among kids audience. It was earlier with zee and it was also made popular by Zee inly but now Star has it and Star has done a far more superior job than Zee. Ajay Devgn has his deal continuing with Star because of Baba Arts goodwill. baba arts also dubbed dhruva in hindi. also Ishq (another Baba Arts hit on TV) gained more coverage on Star rather than on Zee (where it was shown as a prime time movie) Network change too has a role in making movies popular taarzan is a good example of that.

As there are talks of Sony joining Viacom CBS Viacom 18's hindi library should be shared with some network (Star has all the Viacom premiere movies like Golmaal 3, Dabangg which were released between 2007-11) so it is better to have giving some movies to another network like Sony or Star for that matter.
Viacom has the rights to some good titles also they have syndication deals with Goldmines
They have the rights to Hera Pheri a movie which was correctly used by Zee and Star when they had it but Viacom has not even bothered to show that movie after some 10-12 odd airings

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock