Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

I still remember it was premiered in Colors. Then only during second output deal with star it was shared. Eg dabang, thankyou, Ready, etc

U r half right. Viacom18 had acquired rights of many movies right from launch in 2008 and continue doing so till now, what happened around 2012 or so was that they satellite rights of many movies expired and thereafter were taken by Star India or others. Ready, Dabangg etc were part of Salman-Star agreement.

After 2012 Viacom18 had sharing pact with Star India, they rent out few bollywood as well as dubbed south indian movies from Star India at certain ocassions. Also Viacom18 had a partnership with erstwhile UTV where they premiered home production films and 2nd output deal was handed to UTV. UTV on other hand gave 1st output deal of its home productions to Zee and kept later airing to itself. This is why u see certain movies on Zee+UTV and Viacom+UTV.

Well film or actor or studio agreements with channels is a complex thing. Sometimes all things need to looked closely to see the real picture or anticipate future happemings

U r half right. Viacom18 had acquired rights of many movies right from launch in 2008 and continue doing so till now, what happened around 2012 or so was that they satellite rights of many movies expired and thereafter were taken by Star India or others. Ready, Dabangg etc were part of Salman-Star agreement.

After 2012 Viacom18 had sharing pact with Star India, they rent out few bollywood as well as dubbed south indian movies from Star India at certain ocassions. Also Viacom18 had a partnership with erstwhile UTV where they premiered home production films and 2nd output deal was handed to UTV. UTV on other hand gave 1st output deal of its home productions to Zee and kept later airing to itself. This is why u see certain movies on Zee+UTV and Viacom+UTV.

Well film or actor or studio agreements with channels is a complex thing. Sometimes all things need to looked closely to see the real picture or anticipate future happemings
I have literally seen those above mentioned movies, even after they were given to star. Dabang was telecasted on same week on two different networks. Which contradicts your above statement. May be after selling second output deal, after some months they got their exclusive tag for Salman's films.

I have literally seen those above mentioned movies, even after they were given to star. Dabang was telecasted on same week on two different networks. Which contradicts your above statement. May be after selling second output deal, after some months they got their exclusive tag for Salman's films.

Please read again. Star shares some movies with Viacom at present too but satellite rights rest solely with Star India

but satellite rights rest solely with Star India
Can u give more clarity regarding this bro?
I mean some movie details. I am having this doubt regarding current situation, If A shares some of its movies to B, does it mean A has completely sold the rights, eventhouh they could air it?

Can u give more clarity regarding this bro?
I mean some movie details. I am having this doubt regarding current situation, If A shares some of its movies to B, does it mean A has completely sold the rights, eventhouh they could air it?
It simply means A has rented out for select airing to B, they can just air for that many times as decided or enter new pact later. B4U rents out many movies from Zee much like Star-Viacom arrangement.

Yrf all films or the new ones ?
Venus was with Zee earlier as well eg Humraaz and Hungama premiered on Zee
Shemaroo will not likely move to Zee because they had a disagreement I think Viacom movies will go to Sony
FilmKraft not all movies will go since Koi Mil Gaya and Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai have not recieved great response on Zee
Tseries will stay since Sony doesn't have an active tieup for movies with a production house
Dharma should go to star though
TV audience measurement data collection - BARC India

Koi Mil Gaya in Top 5 (Urban Rating). So despite being aired for more than 15 years on a daily basis this movie still holds strong. As i have pointed that bollywood has good movies but channels r not trying much to find them and unlock potential. Good Promotion and right time band based on target audience plays key role in garnering ratings

TV audience measurement data collection - BARC India

Koi Mil Gaya in Top 5 (Urban Rating). So despite being aired for more than 15 years on a daily basis this movie still holds strong. As i have pointed that bollywood has good movies but channels r not trying much to find them and unlock potential. Good Promotion and right time band based on target audience plays key role in garnering ratings
Sony also did a great job with the film till 2015 Sony telecasted Koi Mil Gaya as a prime time movie at 8pm slot or as Saturday night movie. But after 2015 rebrand Sony ignored Koi Mil Gaya but still gave due attention to Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai

Sony also did a great job with the film till 2015 Sony telecasted Koi Mil Gaya as a prime time movie at 8pm slot or as Saturday night movie. But after 2015 rebrand Sony ignored Koi Mil Gaya but still gave due attention to Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai
The reason is they are showing in Zee Bollywood which will not fetch great TRP. They need to telecast it on Zee Cinema for better rating.

What happend To Amitabh Bachan, Abhishek Bachan and Vidya Balan starer Paa? It was with Star, Did it Got Expire?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock