Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Since the news of Sony Viacom deal has come movies from the Viacom library like Lucknow central, OMG Oh My God,Special 26,Airlift, Gabbar is Back,Boss, Dulhania series, Dulhe Raja, The first Hera Pheri and many more movies are expected on Max hope this deal and Viacom converts Cineplex into a dubbed channel just like UTV Action and sony will air more Bollywood stuff after a full dubbed channel is in existence

Any clarity whether SRK has sold movie rights to Star or Sony? I tried hard to find answers by comparing who owns some of movies (channel + rights on web) and changing of hands which has recently transpired on TV channels.

Star India recently got rights for One Two Ka Four and the rights for same are owned by Red Chillies Entertainment which is his own firm. I feel Sony has got Anjaam or Ram Jaane thru Goldmines Telefilms or other such library owners and next year all films will move to Star India when contract period begins

Any clarity whether SRK has sold movie rights to Star or Sony? I tried hard to find answers by comparing who owns some of movies (channel + rights on web) and changing of hands which has recently transpired on TV channels.

Star India recently got rights for One Two Ka Four and the rights for same are owned by Red Chillies Entertainment which is his own firm. I feel Sony has got Anjaam or Ram Jaane thru Goldmines Telefilms or other such library owners and next year all films will move to Star India when contract period begins
Mostly SRK movies Rights to Star
Disney - SRK Relationship going more strong
SRK Part of Disney Byju app Brand Ambassador , The Lion King and TED show
So my Guess SRK Rights to Star India

One 2 Ka 4's is a film which is mostly shown on FTA Channels. It was earlier a regular feature on Sony and Star as well. It's a doubtful movie to bank upon. it was last telecasted on B4U kadak

Last edited:
One 2 Ka 4's is a film which is mostly shown on FTA Channels. It was earlier a regular feature on Sony and Star as well. It's a doubtful movie to bank upon. it was last telecasted on B4U kadak

Now it is with Star/Disney. Many movies which r with FTA channels do end up with pay channels bcoz of various reasons while some like Vishesh Films or Sahara One sell rights to multiple broadcasters

He has sold 22 of his movies to the network and these also include releases upto Dear Zindagi as well
In the deal movies like Chamatkar, Anjaan, Ram Jaane, Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani , Chennai Express, Happy New Year, Billu, Swades, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa are explicitly mentioned so Star has got the rights then it's a huge impetus but since the announcement of Sony-Viacom deal it can gain access to Dharma films plus some YRF films will stay with Sony , I think DDLJ and DTPH are staying with Sony

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock