Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

I think Sony Max Have devloped their Audio Quality. Yesterday Also Khaandani Shafakhana was Sounding very Good and Today Tiger Zinda hain, I am sure they have worked on Dolby Audio,the way Zee did

Sony has a potential TV winner with Pagalpanti (comedy) since it has received negative reviews from critics it would be 100% hit on TV. Sony plus is also continuously premiering films so that it stays at the top. (According to Barc Sony Max is still the most watched channel) plus Goldmines is also not continuous in dubbed releases since this month all these films Sony gets from Aditya Movies (Preffered network still Star). After Viacom-Sony merger Sony will have a separate South channel (like Zee Cinema SD) so that dubbed audience can enjoy while Cineplex HD will be converted into a pure Bollywood channel

Bhatt Camp movie Zakhm scheduled to air in early hrs of thursday. Also noticing lot of cricket on Star So Select channels which was not the case earlier, infact domestic football show "Football United " also added in its programming. I am sensing that Star/Disney will shut down Star Sports 3 or First or both of them. In coming year ISL likely to shift on Sony if merger goes thru. Even PKL owners seem unhappy with price of tv rights offered to them by Star India, i read such reports few months back.

Some days ago guess a senior person handling Star Network spots business quit job, changes might be as a result of new team taking over and now onwards unnecessary high investment in sports might be controlled to put resources in other genres. Movie, Entertainment, Kids Genre expected to get more importance under Disney as even its tend to be going in this direction since the tookever

Last edited:
Bhatt Camp movie Zakhm scheduled to air in early hrs of thursday. Also noticing lot of cricket on Star So Select channels which was not the case earlier, infact domestic football show "Football United " also added in its programming. I am sensing that Star/Disney will shut down Star Sports 3 or First or both of them. In coming year ISL likely to shift on Sony if merger goes thru. Even PKL owners seem unhappy with price of tv rights offered to them by Star India, i read such reports few months back.

Some days ago guess a senior person handling Star Network spots business quit job, changes might be as a result of new team taking over and now onwards unnecessary high investment in sports might be controlled to put resources in other genres. Movie, Entertainment, Kids Genre expected to get more importance under Disney as even tend to be going in this direction since the tookever
I think this will be last airing on Star since Bhatt camp has cranked a deal with Sony so films like Criminal, Sangharsh, Kalyug, The Killer were aired on the early hours before shifting to Sony where they were premiered either on morning slots or as Max2 Uncut Specials. I am damn sure that Zakhm will also be aired as an Max2 Uncut Special

Last edited:
(According to Barc Sony Max is still the most watched channel)
Sony Max has always been the No. 1 pay movie channel. B4U Kadak overtook it only because of DDFD. Now Max is No. 1 overall again.
After Viacom-Sony merger Sony will have a separate South channel (like Zee Cinema SD) so that dubbed audience can enjoy while Cineplex HD will be converted into a pure Bollywood channel
If only the merger goes through. In that case, we will see a segmentation similar to what Disney did.
Star Gold HD = Zee Cinema HD (latest Hindi and South blockbusters)
UTV HD = &pictures HD (mixture of South, Hindi and Hollywood)
SG Select HD = &xplor HD (niche Hindi)

However, UTV HD does not have the same library as Star Gold HD, whereas Zee Cinema and &pictures have largely the same library.

If such a merger happens between Sony and Viacom, Sony Max should increase the number of Hindi movies it shows so that Colors Cineplex can be converted into a South + Hindi + Hollywood channel. Currently Sony is doing good on the Hindi acquisition front with Pagalpanti, Pati Patni aur Woh, etc. and it should have a slightly higher Hindi focus. Expecting a channel like &xplor HD from Sony is fruitless now as it has already suffered from Le Plex/Rox HD and their closures. But it has an excellent library which is going to waste. That cannot be denied.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock