Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,066
  • Views Views: Views 4,357,044
2Ktaftg.jpg

This is the only recent time movie of Ajay sir which do not get High TRP nowadays, hence also will be shown on Star Gold Select ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Wrong choice of movie for star gold select
But I think, Force (2011) & London Paris New York (2011) are good choice of movies for Star Gold Select, isn't it ?๐Ÿ™‚

Hope Someday Khamoshiyan, Mr. X, Naqaab, Hamari Adhuri Kahani, Murder, & Satya shifts to Star (for Star Gold Select)

And Hope Star increases Airing of Tum Mile (2009) in India, rather than in UK

Last edited:
Good for Sony Maxโ€™s library, since all the below movies except Radhe Shyam are with them. Not so good in terms of the number of airings after the premiere. Sony Max is still ignoring many movies after the premiere.

Also, none of the latest releases except Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 have been big blockbusters in theatres, but they have been quite popular on OTT platforms, Netflix and Prime in particular.

GJfwM2b.png

Well i do not see Bhool Bhulaiya 2 to get good ratings post few initial airings, at max it is a one or two time watch and does not have much repeat value. Secondly , sony has over the years focused more on dubbed south indian films which has lead to bollywood audience base drifting away so that is also a reason why even average or good bollywood movies will not deliver same impact as it does on star/disney hindi movie channels. You can see star/disney got good ratings for films like Lakshmi, Bhoot Police, Roohi etc. and other average films like Tadap, Shiddat also might have got decent ratings and even unlikable movies like Bunty Aur Bubli 2 might have scored much more ratings on their chs than what they would have got on rival broadcaster hindi movie channels.

Surely sony is trying to improve on bollywood content but lot needs to done with consistency to deliver good and wide variety bollywood content and get build a robust bollywood audience for its hindi movie channels. Zee/Sony can do extremely well with the number of hindi movie channels they have or the kind of massive bollywood movie library zee has which can b further expanded and thus deliver range of bollywood content for different type of audiences. I m quite hopeful that soon we will revamped / refreshed content strategy being implemented for their hindi movie channels.

Over the years not only i missed seeing many mainstream/popular bollywood movies across hindi movie channels of sony but even most of their offbeat/critically acclaimed bollywood film library was never utilised properly

6JmANvx.jpg

"Jannat 2 (2012)" on UTV Movies tomorrow, Hope Someday it gets a Prime time airing on Star Gold ๐Ÿฅบ

Jannat 2 did get prime slots on UTV Movies when it was renewed and so did other Vishesh Films library but due to less ratings and niche appeal it was made primarily a regular feature on Star Gold Select . Still on number of occasions star/disney gives such movies prime slots across its hindi movie channels. Tomorrow Raajneeti, Taxi No. 9211, Sanju being aired on UTV Movies

That second number from top . Kya Manhoos din tha woh ( Such a poor day it was ) . I still can't believe Sony took it's satellite rights . Jolly Bhai ,not only BB2 , they also have KGF 2 which certainly do wonders for them . Atrangi Re was a super hit on OTT and satellite as well . Even Major will also be a hit if they try to premiere it on Independence day . Rest is all up to God .

Well buddy broadcaster does not have option to pick n choose films while agreement is ongoing with a banner or producer or actor. Satyamev Jayate 2 was destined to go to sony and they aired it just like star/disney were confirmed satellite partner of Bunty aur Bubli 2 much before release of the movie.

KGF 2 can premiere on sony max or may be zee cinema. I think Sony Max will focus more on bollywood movies in near future and zee cinema will remain dubbed south indian cinema destination. Though again all these changes r dependent on the fact that respective banners or producers agree for incorporating zee or sony as satellite partner in their current agreement .

Atrangi R is surely a hit on OTT, not so sure if it worked well on TV.

Major will surely be a good movie but have limited appeal thus largely be restricted to And Xplor (if integration of library includes this movie) or whichever channel sony chooses to air such films

2Ktaftg.jpg

This is the only recent time movie of Ajay sir which do not get High TRP nowadays, hence also will be shown on Star Gold Select ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Surely this is not a good movie though it gets aired frequently on main hindi movie channels on star/disney

Well buddy broadcaster does not have option to pick n choose films while agreement is ongoing with a banner or producer or actor. Satyamev Jayate 2 was destined to go to sony and they aired it just like star/disney were confirmed satellite partner of Bunty aur Bubli 2 much before release of the movie.

KGF 2 can premiere on sony max or may be zee cinema. I think Sony Max will focus more on bollywood movies in near future and zee cinema will remain dubbed south indian cinema destination. Though again all these changes r dependent on the fact that respective banners or producers agree for incorporating zee or sony as satellite partner in their current agreement .

Atrangi R is surely a hit on OTT, not so sure if it worked well on TV.

Major will surely be a good movie but have limited appeal thus largely be restricted to And Xplor (if integration of library includes this movie) or whichever channel sony chooses to air such films
I think "Toolsidas Junior" didn't receive Good TRP on WTP on Sony Max........hence it wasn't shown again

I think "Toolsidas Junior" didn't receive Good TRP on WTP on Sony Max........hence it wasn't shown again

Niche films will never get as high ratings as a popular mainstream movie, still this movie is quite good and sony should air it frequently. Sony Wah started airing such movies on regular basis sometime back but now has stopped doing so

Back
Top Bottom