Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Ek Villain Returns satellite rights confirmed with Sony Max

YTtfEyx.jpg

Source
From T series

I Think these YRF movie satellite rights expired - Aurangzeb (2013), Pyaar Impossible (2010), Lafangey Parindey (2010), Detective Byomkesh Bakshy (2015), Mujhse Fraandship Karogi (2011), Mere Dad Ki Maruti (2013)

Soon renewal by Disney-Star
All of them are box office flops along with bad TRP on WTP/regular telecasting, that's why Sony always aired them on watershed hours and I don't think it will help star much

As old classics and movies of early 2000s till 2005 from zee are shown on Sony Max 2, so will movies from 2007 till latest will be shown on Sony Max & Wah (like Agent Vinod, Jab We Met, Bharat, Wanted, Veer, Gold, Jawani Janeman, Cocktail, Go Goa Gone) ?

And same of Sony will they shown on Zee Hindi movie channels (Munna Bhai Series, Dybbuk, Chehre, Anek, Sardar Udham, Dil to baccha Hai ji, Raabta, Satya, Kabir Singh) ??

Last edited:
I think this year ,star has limited satellite rights of hindi movies...they r fully dependable on YRF movies....as most of the movies r grabbed by Sony,zee and viacom...
Star be like..apna time aayega..in 2023..😉
There aren’t that many Disney+ Hotstar releases this year other than A Thursday and Kaun Pravin Tambe. All others are from YRF only which haven’t been performing very well at the box office. Observe that of all the films that release on Prime (except YRF ones) and Netflix, none of their satellite rights are with Star Gold. I think that since Star has been very successful from airing existing Bollywood films across multiple channels much better than Zee, Sony and Viacom18, it has been a little complacent in acquiring new films.

On the other hand, there was this thread a few months ago: Breaking - Sony Max converting into Bollywood Content driven channel from tomorrow but the very next day Sony Max reverted to mostly a South-focused schedule, and it has remained that ever since, as it has been for five years now. And yet Sony Max is continuously getting the satellite rights of movies such as Hit: The First Case and Ek Villain Returns, and premiering Looop Lapeta, Jalsa and the like. I really hope that all these new movies will get due airtime after the merger with Zee is completed, and if it doesn’t launch a new channel, it needs to start library sharing with Zee Cinema/&pictures on an accelerated basis instead of only a handful of movies.

There aren’t that many Disney+ Hotstar releases this year other than A Thursday and Kaun Pravin Tambe. All others are from YRF only which haven’t been performing very well at the box office. Observe that of all the films that release on Prime (except YRF ones) and Netflix, none of their satellite rights are with Star Gold. I think that since Star has been very successful from airing existing Bollywood films across multiple channels much better than Zee, Sony and Viacom18, it has been a little complacent in acquiring new films.

On the other hand, there was this thread a few months ago: Breaking - Sony Max converting into Bollywood Content driven channel from tomorrow but the very next day Sony Max reverted to mostly a South-focused schedule, and it has remained that ever since, as it has been for five years now. And yet Sony Max is continuously getting the satellite rights of movies such as Hit: The First Case and Ek Villain Returns, and premiering Looop Lapeta, Jalsa and the like. I really hope that all these new movies will get due airtime after the merger with Zee is completed, and if it doesn’t launch a new channel, it needs to start library sharing with Zee Cinema/&pictures on an accelerated basis instead of only a handful of movies.
Earlier HD feed of Max was Bollywood centric, but it's not the case now, they should bring back that policy,also simulcast of Zee cinema is also not appreciable

Expecting "Paan Singh Tomar (2012)" and "Tere Naal Love ho Gaya (2012)" soon to be renewed by Disney-Star, as distributor is UTV Motion Pictures

If possible even "Dangerous Ishhq (2012)" like Disney-Star renewed average film like "Tezz (2012)"

Sone is getting rights of movies like thrs no tommo...but is it actually worth?I mean forget about trps...if they r not airing those thn whats the use...?
Main problem is that those so called content based movies like jalsa,Hit sherni and likes have limited viewership on tv...hardly anyone frm india apart frm big cities are interested to watch those movies on TV....and audience of such movies have already watchd those on OTT...so they dnt care about their TV screenings...its very confusing situation....
Star will definitely buy rights of movies frm next year I guess...and thise who r saying tht they r not in position to buy rights coz they wasted money on ipl is big joke...Disney,who cn offer 2100 cr for an actor to return for franchise cnt have money issues..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock