Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,066
  • Views Views: Views 4,356,815
Soty 2 released after kalank, dharma production is renewed by Viacom 18, dharma not leaving Viacom at least for now, Viacom will continue with dharma for long term
In that case why did movies like Simmba also produced by DHARMA came on Zeeand why hasn't Dharma confirmed the renewal with Viacom??

Bro it's normal, I don't think Viacom leaving dharma, it will be with them only , they also know if they leave dharma then they will be left with nothing. Karan Johar has a special relationship with dharma productions

4 yrs, 12 films.... Not counted but maybe till brahmastra gets released this quota will b over and duration already over. There must b clause in contract which does not bind ch getting rights if film is delayed hence brahmastra might b part of new agreement or some other arrangement will b worked out
Soty 2 released after kalank, dharma production is renewed by Viacom 18, dharma not leaving Viacom at least for now, Viacom will continue with dharma for long term
In order to gain publicity DONT TRUST UNTILL DHARMA CONFIRMS IT!!!
In that case why did movies like Simmba also produced by DHARMA came on Zeeand why hasn't Dharma confirmed the renewal with Viacom??
Viacom 12 movies deal already over and Dharma Productions New Deal with Zee
Brahmastra Shelved project and satellite rights deal maybe changed

Bro it's normal, I don't think Viacom leaving dharma, it will be with them only , they also know if they leave dharma then they will be left with nothing. Karan Johar has a special relationship with dharma productions
Dharma Productions already join hands with Zee for Production , Satellite and music

Bro Zee was co producing that movie and zee acquired satellite rights of that film, this is not the first time it has happened
Dharma Productions happy with Zee
Most Probably Zee will Renew the Deal with Dharma
Dharma - Viacom Most of movies failed in both TV and box office

I don't think unless and until any network is having satellite rights of films like dostana 2, Brahmastra, why will they do publicity unnecessarily then. Zee only getting those dharma films whom they are co producing, others will go to Viacom like Shershah, dostana 2, arun khetarpal biopic, Brahmastra (POSSIBLY) etc

I don't think unless and until any network is having satellite rights of films like dostana 2, Brahmastra, why will they do publicity unnecessarily then. Zee only getting those dharma films whom they are co producing, others will go to Viacom like Shershah, dostana 2, arun khetarpal biopic, Brahmastra (POSSIBLY) etc
Why did Karan Johar partner with Zee Studios for Dhadak and Good Newwz, knowing full well that they will be locked with Zee Cinema?

I think SOTY 2 was an exception. Otherwise the relations b/w Viacom and Dharma ended after around Badrinath ki Dulhania. Future Dharma movies will go to Zee (if co-produced w/ Zee Studios, like Good Newwz) or Star if not (like Brahmastra).

Last edited:
Bro forget that Brahmastra rights maybe moving
Previously Star acquired Ghayal 2 later they withdrawn Rights

(2012News Article from Star India official website)
The movies to be premiered on the channel include Dabangg 2, Housefull 2, Ghayal 2 and Kaal Returns, among others. The cost of each movie ranges between Rs 15 crore and Rs 35 crore.
STAR Gold is betting big on movie premiers. The movie channel has acquired the telecast rights for four upcoming films.The latest movie acquisitions include Dabangg 2, Housefull 2, Ghayal 2 and Kaal Returns. Earlier, the channel purchased eight other movies from Shree Ashtavinayak Productions, which are still under production, along with Kahaani, Bol Bachchan and Golmaal 4.
STAR Gold acquires four new movies for an estimated Rs 120 crore

Last edited:
I think the movies like Shershah, dostana 2, arun khetarpal biopic, rannbhoomi will definitely go to Viacom
I think brahmastra also with viacom, why will a network unessarily say that they have brahmastra to premiere on TV unless they acquired its satellite rights, star maybe showing the logo of the film because they are the distributors of the film

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom