Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,063
  • Views Views: Views 4,355,698
We all accept of shortcomings of Sony bro but again no other networks provide best PQ and AQ for films. Disney - Star is a "Corporate Monster" (a joke from Vijay's Sarkar) and tries to grab every movie. Zee is a good network but movie watching experience on Zee is the worst. PQ and AQ not good. I know @dino29 that every network has shortcomings and Star too does have and Zee has lots of them as well. But putting forward your points would be fruitful for everyone since the perspective broadens

Well bhai, not accepting shortcomings comments was directed at rahul bhai... Just that i quoted ur reply to him hence confusion happened. Abt broadening perspective, i hv shared enough info in past.. Repetition is unproductive :)

@dino29 bro: Actually it is @rahul_apk and @Jaffer7080 who keep defending Sony. Even though he joined only last year, @ak7777 bro can be considered a senior member just like you. He was only listing the big Sony movies as asked by @rahul_apk.

Agree with every point. Star is the biggest in acquisitions and rotating titles across channels but also the greediest. Zee tries to balance the titles but the PQ is poor.

Star is not greedy if u see they acquire films at high cost, give most of it free on ott and telecast movies on various slots even ad free in after hrs. Also they hv huge variety of content across genres, eras. Zee used to b ahead of star in catering bollywood fans but now things reversed

Well bhai, not accepting shortcomings comments was directed at rahul bhai... Just that i quoted ur reply to him hence confusion happened. Abt broadening perspective, i hv shared enough info in past.. Repetition is unproductive :)
No problems bro but yeah the dubbed cinema point is actually serious. Although Sony mostly telecasts good films from the dubbed staple as well like Theri (my 2nd favourite Vijay Film), Vedalam (Thala fan) and films like
Comali , Thani oruvan , Demonte Colony , Chi La Sow , Sathamam Bhavati etc in recent years the quality of dubbed films too has gone downhill with Sony focusing on Vishnu Manchu films , Kanchana series (Sun TV which is not famous for repeating films has received backlash due to constant airings of Kanchana series. Both those films get huge TRP) too much. Not that Vishnu Manchu is a bad Actor (Dhenikaina Ready and Dynamite (copy of Arima Nambi which is clearly a better film) are films which are enjoyable i didn't find the other films too good)

No problems bro but yeah the dubbed cinema point is actually serious. Although Sony mostly telecasts good films from the dubbed staple as well like Theri (my 2nd favourite Vijay Film), Vedalam (Thala fan) and films like
Comali , Thani oruvan , Demonte Colony , Chi La Sow , Sathamam Bhavati etc in recent years the quality of dubbed films too has gone downhill with Sony focusing on Vishnu Manchu films , Kanchana series (Sun TV which is not famous for repeating films has received backlash due to constant airings of Kanchana series. Both those films get huge TRP) too much. Not that Vishnu Manchu is a bad Actor (Dhenikaina Ready and Dynamite (copy of Arima Nambi which is clearly a better film) are films which are enjoyable i didn't find the other films too good)
Yes these films that sony Max shows along with the ones which I mentioned earlier along with a lots of bollywood ones are loved by the people. Yes actually if any film is having good content, then it should be watched by the people

Last edited:
Star is not greedy if u see they acquire films at high cost, give most of it free on ott and telecast movies on various slots even ad free in after hrs. Also they hv huge variety of content across genres, eras. Zee used to b ahead of star in catering bollywood fans but now things reversed
But that's after 3-4 months of its OTT Premium run after which it's steam goes away. In OTT content Star is definitely better amongst the mainstream TV Networks. Zee has many series but only 25% work others are forgettable.While Sony is taking baby steps Besides Gullak and Tripling Sony has not much to offer. I think it should have a long term deal with TVF so as one series made by TVF should be with them while Voot has become a surprise winner (Asur and The Raikar Case) so not underestimating

Last edited:

I just want sony to give proper weightage to bollywood films too, atleast hv ch for airing movies from last 2 decades. If Max2 can work so can a ch for newer stuff, even others managing balance . Also Max2 HD is needed

But that's after 3-4 months of its OTT Premium run after which it's steam goes away. In OTT content Star is definitely better amongst the mainstream TV Networks. Zee has many series but only 25% work others are forgettable.While Sony is taking baby steps Besides Gullak and Tripling Sony has not much to offer. I think it should have a long term deal with TVF so as one series made by TVF should be with them

Well not 3 or 4 months.. Most movies become free on their OTT platform in shorter time... Also buddy they r in a business and we cannot expect them to invest more and earn less. Already sports biz is money consuming.

Sony , Zee, Star have Kamal Hassan sir's films but do not show it. Chachi 420, Hindustani with Sony, Vishwaroopam with Zee, Abhay with Star... Also Hey Ram! Movie should be acquired by some broadcaster.

Star needs to familiarize public more with Ajay Sir's masterpieces like Drishyam, Shivaay.... Both awesome movies

Back
Top Bottom