Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Any Movies at least stay for 5-6 years. In 2018 Sadak was with Star already, so by that logic It will move to Star by 2023-24
I think it's not possible Because Satellite Rights Acquisition Now Broadcasters Changed strategy, Every Broadcaster Acquiring Satellite Rights of some movies for limited Period it maybe 2 to 3 years, Broadcaster owned Production house Produced and Distribution movies only we can expect some movies Lifetime and Distribution movies 7-10 years.

I think it's not possible Because Satellite Rights Acquisition Now Broadcasters Changed strategy, Every Broadcaster Acquiring Satellite Rights of some movies for limited Period it maybe 2 to 3 years, Broadcaster owned Production house Produced and Distribution movies only we can expect some movies Lifetime and Distribution movies 7-10 years.
I don't think so mostly movies stay for 5 years that's the least no of years agreement. All the Eros Films had 5 year agreement. Since Vishesh Films are a notable studio they must have signed 5 year agreement only

Goliyon Ki Raas Leela might shift to Viacom18, available on voot now. This maybe either due to rumoured merger and aligning movie library accordingly or direct agreement with concerned banner / company.

When merger or acquisition happens then even current deals need to b updated to telecast films on new chs added in portfolio like it happened for UTV films on star network chs after disney acquired star india

Goliyon Ki Raas Leela might shift to Viacom18, available on voot now. This maybe either due to rumoured merger and aligning movie library accordingly or direct agreement with concerned banner / company.

When merger or acquisition happens then even current deals need to b updated to telecast films on new chs added in portfolio like it happened for UTV films on star network chs after disney acquired star india
100% I think it will go to Viacom. SPN is not robustly airing it

Viacom18 has such big bollywood library.. Both new and old but all lying idle... If they air all those films on Rishtey Cineplex or Colors Cineplex then it will give tough competition to rivals and be in top 3 always
Old maybe...but new is doubtful if we look at jollylnb's table

Old maybe...but new is doubtful if we look at jollylnb's table
It has gained a lot of important films and has a sizeable Bollywood library. In 2000-2009 table Viacom18 has less films but Star manages to atleast have minimum 10 films in its library.

In this time gap too they have many films. Also by latest i mean post 2010 films
They have gained massively through Firoz Nadiadwala , Shemaroo's original productions like Ishqiya, Mere Baap Pehle Aap etc Dharma and Red Chillies while losing Ultra to Sony and Star. BTW Why they don't air Mere Baap Pehle Aap. Sony and Zee both utilized the film when they had the rights (Sony regularly aired during its Max HD Bollywood Time while Zee Premier aired it regularly as well but nor Colors Cineplex or Rishtey Cineplex air it regularly. The last I saw it on a Prime Sunday slot on Rishtey Cineplex)

Last edited:
They have gained massively through Firoz Nadiadwala , Dharma and Red Chillies while losing Ultra to Sony and Star

before too they had big bollywood library. Issue is that 80% of it r never aired in prime hrs and in 2 or 3% r never aired (asoka). I m extremely unhappy with their scheduling. Look at Star utsav movies it is getting gr8 ratings all thanks to good bollywood films. Zee is also under utilizing its massive bollywood library and there is too much repetition. Not having much hopes from sony to bring in more post 2000 bollywood films on wah or max

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock